Thyroid Issues

cskme_

Reaction score
At 12 weeks I had my blood taken and my doctor had told me that my TSH was a 4.7. She gave me .025 mg of synthroid to take and got me to go get my blood taken again 2 days ago. She just called me again today and told me that it has gotten even worse and to double my dosage. I'm wondering if this could have caused any harm to my baby? I'm really worried and life has been stressing me out lately and now this has really just caused more stress.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this topic and wish to share? Thank you :flower:

I'm also on thyroid medication, but the biggest risk is usually in the first trimester and you've safely made it so that's great news! Now just focus on getting the right dosage for you and you'll be fine hun!

Thanks for the reassurance! I have just seen so many things about preeclampsia, still birth, premature birth, placental problems etc etc and I'm scaring the sh** out of myself

I just talked to my OB and she told me my TSH is now at 6.2 and that I should just be happy I'm taking medication. She said don't believe everything you see on Google, and that she had to start me off on a low dose because she didn't want my levels to completely decrease. Hopefully doubling my dose will help. I'll know in 3 weeks

Don't worry about Synthroid! I had hypothyroidism last pregnancy, and started at .025mg like you, and it climbed up and up my whole pregnancy. This time, I started straight at 0.05mg. My baby was perfectly healthy! My sister always had hypothyroidism during pregnancy and has 3 healthy toddlers/babies! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->