Tiny shoes?

clairec81

Reaction score
Well this may be the daftest thread ever posted but need to ask - my LO is really keen on walking (all be it holding on to fingers!) and she is tiny (14lb at 13 months) with tiny feet!!! I have her in next softies and slipper things most of the time but not handy if she wants down while out and about. Anyone know of or had experience buying teeny shoes? I remember getting my wee boys first pair and the whole crawler, cruiser, walker thing but there's no way she'd fit even the smallest! Ha ha i'm still giggling at writing this!:haha:

No advice, we are the same, she just about keeps on 0-3 month soft shoes. She got given a pair of Christmassy shoes at xmas time 9-12 months - think they will do her next year, were like boats on her!

We wash a lot of socks!! They are always black by the end of the day! :haha:

I know what you mean - got the cutest boots at Christmas and there is no way she'll be in them anytime soon - maybe not even this year :haha:
Oh well, back to the slippers and socks. My back is killing me with walking about after her, delighted she's keen on walking but with her being so teeny I could do with some sort of contraption to save me from ending up like the hunchback of Notre Damn!

Aw i hadn't even given shoe sizes a thought. Sorry i don't have any advice. Jeez i wouldn't even know where to begin. Do Clarks not do tiny shoes? What about little sandals that you can adjust?

Haha making myself giggle now as i'm being silly....reminiscing about they adjustable skates you used to get from fisher price. Tee hee. Not very helpful for you guys though i am sorry. :dohh:

I know what you mean - got the cutest boots at Christmas and there is no way she'll be in them anytime soon - maybe not even this year :haha:
Oh well, back to the slippers and socks. My back is killing me with walking about after her, delighted she's keen on walking but with her being so teeny I could do with some sort of contraption to save me from ending up like the hunchback of Notre Damn!

I know how you feel my lo would have me holding her hands so she could walk around the room all day. It's a killer on the back when they are titchy.

I haven't thought about shoes yet as my lo is only 9 months corrected. When she is outside she can stay in her pram or be carried until she can walk by herself. I am a mean mum :rofl:

I know how you feel my lo would have me holding her hands so she could walk around the room all day. It's a killer on the back when they are titchy.

I haven't thought about shoes yet as my lo is only 9 months corrected. When she is outside she can stay in her pram or be carried until she can walk by herself. I am a mean mum :rofl:
:haha: I know what you mean, i'm a mean mum too and to be honest she's happy in her buggy when out, sounds daft but she doesn't really need shoes for outside yet, its more in the house - she had positional talepies (sp? feet pressed against her shin due to no fluid at birth) they've came down but still aren't perfect and i feel like the wee soft shoes, esp when walking all the time, dont support her feet properly. Erin has been on the go like this for about 2/3 months and i cant see an end - not sure or just cant imagine her walking on her own. She's so small that she can't pull herself up on furniture as its too high and she is not a fan or crawling - on tummy pulls up to position then drops head and rolls back over! On another daft note has anyone seen the 'nini walker' from jojo maman bebe - i would love to give it a go but £80 is steep and it would probably end up in the pile of other baby equipment in our loft!

Hey hun
We are at the stage where the in laws are bugging the HELL out of us for LO wearing soft shoes. She walks and cruises but cant walk unaided and therefore doesnt need 'proper' shoes yet. The in laws, however, think otherwise :dohh:

Lottie86 says Clarks wont even fit LO with walking shoes unless they can walk proper for a while, so I dont think you need to worry yet! :hugs:

Thanks Sandi. Yeah i know there's no rush for 'proper walking' shoes as she's no where near that yet! Think i'm more bothered about support due to the positional talipies, the wee pram shoes are useless round the ankle and she walks with toes up as a result. Lottie right about Clarks, took Erin to get measured and she's a 1 1/2 God Bless, they said cruisers start at 2 so not an option. Think actual walkers start at 3 so that'll be about school age:haha:

Think actual walkers start at 3 so that'll be about school age:haha:

Gaby has got tiny legs too, still in newborn tights. Mum (who should really know better!) came in with a few pairs of black 6-9 month tights the other day. OH right on cue - "look Gaby! tights for when you start school!" :haha:

For my lo first birthday my oh aunt asked his mum what size Holly was. She isn't even 14lb yet but longer than her weight so has just went into 3-6 month clothes which is what the aunt was told. She said she got a bigger size but they were small fitting. Open the present and they are age 1-11/2yr. They are massive so goodness knows when they will fit. It gave us all a laugh :rofl:

On the subject of tights, im manically trying to boil wash and tumble dry ones for my LO as at the moment even the tiny baby ones are up to her armpits and look like baggy leggings!!!!:haha:

She is also longer than her weight but even the smallest are too long and too wide, we have to wear leggings under dresses at the moment!! I havent even thought about shoes yet!!!! :rofl:

I'm having a shoe problem too, Clarks start in 2.5 I think. Connor was measuring at 1.5 last time we went in. I think the sales assistant thought we wanted shoes for a much younger baby. I told her his age and that he was prem so smaller, she replied 'oh well, feed him more veg and hopefully he'll grow', so wish I never wasted our time with the dietician when I can get nutritionally advice from Clarks :winkwink:

I'm having a shoe problem too, Clarks start in 2.5 I think. Connor was measuring at 1.5 last time we went in. I think the sales assistant thought we wanted shoes for a much younger baby. I told her his age and that he was prem so smaller, she replied 'oh well, feed him more veg and hopefully he'll grow', so wish I never wasted our time with the dietician when I can get nutritionally advice from Clarks :winkwink:

Ah right - that's what i've been doing wrong!:haha: Maybe we'll leave the dietician appointment this time and head to clarks!

In a way, I think we've been lucky that Andrew's development has been delayed - he's only just trying to walk. We won't need suitable outdoor footwear until the summer, I reckon ... by which time he might just fit the smallest available size!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->