Tips for bringing on labour naturally..

Lil_Gem_1989

Reaction score
Im currently 39+4 and had my first at 39+2 so already feel overdue! For some reason im scared to go overdue and do not want to wait til 40+12 to be induced.... Wish it could be sooner.

Anyway, last night had hot curry, pineapple and sex and nothing has happened...not so much as a twinge.

Do you ladies have any other ideas to try bring on labour naturally? Thanks in advance :) x

For me nothing worked! I had my first on his due date then my next two babies were both a week overdue, I tried most things and nothing ever worked to bring on labour, not even having a sweep, I truly believe babies will come when they are ready and no matter what we try it won't work until baby is ready, but it's still fun trying and I will no doubt try everything again when I'm due lol

Walking a lot is a safe one. I've heard castor oil is very effective but scary!

Nothing worked for me, was never going to use castor oil but sex, bouncing on the ball, spicy food, clary sage oil etc, I went to 40+13!
You still have three days until full term :)

I guess i just need to wait it out then but im getting impatient now lol. I guess its coz hes had a couple of quiet days so ive been worrying :/ x

Mine came at 40+5. At 40 weeks I was high/firm.

I worked a 5 hour shift, wemt walking around the mall. An hour or so, then had sex about 11pm. Water started to leak about 3:30 am, contractions right after that.

I've heard horror stories about castor oil (like it getting baby to "go," which can cause serious complications), so while it's something my midwife considers to be an option, I can't see myself using it.

Nipple stimulation is one of those means of natural induction that is actually proven to work, and not just an old wives' tale. So is black and blue cohosh, though it's so "serious business" that I would hesitate to use it. My midwife also recommended evening primrose oil capsules, which can help prime the cervix.

At this stage, I'm just trying to gently encourage baby along with third trimester tea, spicy curry, pineapple, sex, and orgasms. So far, nothing, but I'm not due for almost a week yet.

Funny you should say that, ive just been reading about nipple stimulation, seems to do the trick in some people! Will give it a go tomorrow and see how i get on! Haha x

My midwife said she can help me come up with a "nipple stimulation plan" if it looks like I'm going to end up overdue, since I want to avoid induction at the hospital at all costs!

Haha a nipple stimulation plan, thats funny! Fingers crossed for us both x

I was induced with my first was petrified of having that again so for my second i walked everywhere all day I inserted epo for a couple of weeks the night before I had her I inserted loads then the next morning dtd doggy style (heard it was best) went into labour straight after my third I used starflower oil same as epo but stronger , I ended up being induced because my waters started leaking , this time I've been using starflower oil every night clary sage in my bath (didn't realise it helps until the Mw told me I shouldn't lol ) raspberry leaf tablets (can't stand the tea) and have sex a lot but this time I have awful spd so can't walk as much as I did with the others ! But other then that there's
Pineapples (freash with core) you have to eat loads
Castor oil would never risk it though sod having the runs and risking baby pooing but is affective
Blue and black cohosh
Jasmine oil and clary sage oil either in your bath or rubbed into bump
Rlt or tablets tea is rank but ment to help uterus
Squats
Bouncing on a ball
Walking
Sex
Nipple play
Rubbing your bump clockwise for a minute then stop then repeat
Labour Dance
5w
Curry
Chinese food
Apple juice
Starflower oil/borage oil
Epo
Dancing
Acupressure
Acupuncture
Pelvic tilts
Pretty much all exercise
Crawling
Sitting butterfly position
Visualisation
Pretty much everything I can think of ATM
Most of these things won't start labour unless your baby and body and ready but they help prep it and make labour allot quicker and easier
You can try it all and have no luck but it can't hurt to try most of them lol x

Oh and laughing helps and being relaxed lol which is difficult for anyone with children lol X

I dont recommend castor oil..gave my sister horrible abdominal cramps and diarrhea and still no baby! I pressed the pressure point in my hand a lot, bounced on the ball, and went for a ride in my dad's sports car and told him to hit all of the bumps and turns haha..Went into labor that night. Good luck!

nipple stimulation is meant to be pretty effective, but it requires a lot of time and effect. from what I read you have to stimulate one nipple at a time for 15 minutes, then switch to the other for 15 minutes, doing this for an hour 3 times a day.

I was induced with my first was petrified of having that again so for my second i walked everywhere all day I inserted epo for a couple of weeks the night before I had her I inserted loads then the next morning dtd doggy style (heard it was best) went into labour straight after my third I used starflower oil same as epo but stronger , I ended up being induced because my waters started leaking , this time I've been using starflower oil every night clary sage in my bath (didn't realise it helps until the Mw told me I shouldn't lol ) raspberry leaf tablets (can't stand the tea) and have sex a lot but this time I have awful spd so can't walk as much as I did with the others ! But other then that there's
Pineapples (freash with core) you have to eat loads
Castor oil would never risk it though sod having the runs and risking baby pooing but is affective
Blue and black cohosh
Jasmine oil and clary sage oil either in your bath or rubbed into bump
Rlt or tablets tea is rank but ment to help uterus
Squats
Bouncing on a ball
Walking
Sex
Nipple play
Rubbing your bump clockwise for a minute then stop then repeat
Labour Dance
5w
Curry
Chinese food
Apple juice
Starflower oil/borage oil
Epo
Dancing
Acupressure
Acupuncture
Pelvic tilts
Pretty much all exercise
Crawling
Sitting butterfly position
Visualisation
Pretty much everything I can think of ATM
Most of these things won't start labour unless your baby and body and ready but they help prep it and make labour allot quicker and easier
You can try it all and have no luck but it can't hurt to try most of them lol x

Wow thanks for the long reply! Going to try going for a walk after lunch then some nipple stimulation tonight, oh wants to get involved haha! X

What worked like a charm last time was using my double breast pump. 3 hrs later my water broke! It was amazing it works my Dr even confirmed. So glad bc I was sooooo over it!

No way was I having sex at 38 weeks pregnant lol. Props to those who do!

What worked like a charm last time was using my double breast pump. 3 hrs later my water broke! It was amazing it works my Dr even confirmed. So glad bc I was sooooo over it!

Ooooh! I dont have a breast pump as i will be formula feeding. Going to try nipple stimulation though. Feel so fed up now :( constant heartburn and cant seem to sleep anymore x

No worries , I've just started raspberry leaf tablets and my stomach was tight all day but nothing major ! I'm so excited now X good luck don't forget a good orgasm and sperm works wonders X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->