Tips/suggestions on at home IVI

FutureMombian

Reaction score
My partner and I decided to TTC about two weeks ago. Since then I have been looking all over the internet for information regarding at home insemination. I have ready that everyone does things differently. Some people only use the at home ovulation kits and some track their temp and CM. Are you supposed to test for your LH surge on the at home ovulation kits more than once? I read on the box that you are supposed to do it at the same time everyday and if so what time is the best time? I am trying to learn as much as possible to increase our chances of getting a BFP. I would love to hear tips on what you did to achieve insemination at home. I am kind of lost and I need somewhere to start. I saw a recommendation to start taking prenatal vitamins so I just started tonight. TIA!! :kiss::kiss:

How we started was we bought from eBay 100 ovulation test (sensitive ones 20miu) then waited till H had her period. Then from day 6 so 6 days from the start of the period she started peeing on the sticks. (pee in a glass and put the stick in the glass)

You will see as you approach ovulation the line will start to appear, only very faintly but it will come. Then you will notice it gets really dark - this is the ovulation surge. However the lines can be a bit " are we are we not" so we bought the clearblue smiley ones and as we approach ovulation we do one of these too to back it up. But the cheap ones defo tell you it's coming!!!
Now we had been getting the smiley then going the day after to see the donor however we have now worked out that when she gets the smiley the egg appears a few hours later!!!! So when we have been doing it the day after (second smiley day and for us over 25 hours since egg popped out as donor lives far away) we think we've been missing it as the eggs don't last that long.

So as soon as you get the smiley go do it fast!!!!! The first time is awful - for me anyway as I can't stand the smell of baby juice knocks me sick. I had totally forgot what it smells like as I haven't been with a man in over 10 years. I think it's a smell you never ever forget. I take ownership of the baby juice as soon as I have the tub I put it in my bra to keep it warm. It's mine then and I put it in my wife so it's my baby. I feel so very involved in the process.
I would recommend you buy the cheap ones and start peeing on them from day 6, buy some 10ml syringes from eBay and some preseed or conceive plus, some softcups to hold it all up there and some puppy training pads. Put these pads under your bum when inseminating as the baby juice goes through towels etc as your lay for a while!!! Puppy pads stop it running everywhere and keep everything dry and then you throw them away.

If you have any more questions post them and I will do my best to answer them

We decided that it's difficult to buy supplies and know what to buy so we are opening a shop!!! www.fertilitywarehouse.co.uk its not live yet but it will be soon and we will post anywhere in the world. We are going to put together supplies which will include everything you need for AI for either 6 months or 12 months and the ability to add in things like clearblue smileys etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->