Tired daughter after school

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
Hi all just after some reassurance. My daughter started reception a few weeks ago and is just so so so tired since starting :nope: it makes her so tearful and not herself.
Those who's children are at school- did this last, or did your children get used to it? She is going to bed early and up about half 6 but the longer days are still making her shattered! Any advice welcome! :flower:

When my daughter started kindergarten last year she was quite tired at first, but she got used to it after a few weeks :)

No advice really but just wanted to say DD is the same. Her day is actually shorter now than it was when she went to the nursery as I changed my working hours so that I can pick her up half an hour or so earlier from the after school club.

They always give her a book to read together with us and she's really reluctant to do that as she's too tired to concentrate. I hope it gets better as not sure how she'd cope with some actual homework! Saying that it's a big change for them with a lot of new faces and things to learn, so hoping it gets easier once she's really settled in.

My daughter is the same and just started school to. It seems to hit her Saturday and she has nap when she hasn't napped since she was 2. She's not to bad in week but falls asleep alot quicker at bed time

Snap, my daughter is the same. I asked her how is school and she said its o.k but it's too long, lol. She only went to preschool for 1 year half day, so the full day is taking some getting use to. My kids are in bed by 8 pm and up at 7.20 am. Hopefully they'll get use to the full day by the end of term.

My son is the same, he's asking to go to bed from 6pm, it's so hard to keep him up until 7pm.

glad I'm not the only one! hope their energy comes back soon :)

Hannah was the same but her tiredness lasted for over 2 years :dohh: She was home with before that though and she has always been one who needs more sleep than average. This year (grade 2) is the best she's been. She comes home and immediately runs out back to play with her friends.

DS is the same. He usually just gets a few toys and sits on the sofa with them. Hopefully it will pass soon.

My son just started his first year too, he has always had a ton of energy but I can tell when he starts to power down, he really just needs some chill quiet to my self time after school. It is important for him that he gets in his full 12 hours of sleep or he gets really cranky the next day... I usually put him to bed at 630 and he is up at 630 in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->