TMI but need advice

Pandasnax

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not sure if this is the right place to put this or not but anyways.. i had my baby 5 months ago and since then i get really wierd discharge! Its very stringy and elasticy and blood tinged, i dont get it all the time just every so often i dont know if this is anything to be worried about, im 23 and this is my second baby i didnt get any if this with my 1st, also my periods have still been very odd im pretty sure i have only had 2 normalish ones since he was born but still very watery. Sorry for tmi but needed to ask someone has anyone else experienced this ? Xx

I would get checked out at the dr just incase, it isn't alarminh but not normal either so worth a check to make sure no infections or anything untoward xx

Could be your hormones trying to get back into a normal rhythm. I don't think it sounds concerning :)

I would get it checked next time you go to the dr, or perhaps ring your midwife (if you had one) and ask her.

It doesn't sound too bad if you don't have any other symptoms of infection or bad coloured/smelling discharge.

It might just be an upset cervix and your period trying to kickstart itself. Best to ask a dr though.

I've had the same. I have a smear next week so was planning to ask then x

I would definitely get it checked. I've had postpartum discharge for five months now (fairly benign looking and very scant but still annoying!) and my Dr has eliminated infection so I've been referred for an ultrasound. I've just had the u/s and am waiting on results.
Before I got checked I was a bit naive thinking it might be normal but my Dr scolded me for not coming in sooner!
I'm not trying to freak you out just wanted to share my experience :) like other posters have said it could just be your hormones trying to settle down.
Best of luck xx

Could it be the stringy egg white mucus you get when you ovulate?

I would get it checked too, I had bloody discharge too and my GP thought I might have a big if placenta retained! Turned out it was nothing thankfully, and I was worried I was wasting their time when I went in but I was told I had done the right thing x

I know it sounds stupid but it's so embarrassing! Also I had a c section so can't be retained placenta can it? It is odd I guess I'll have to see a doctor just to be safe :(

I know it sounds stupid but it's so embarrassing! Also I had a c section so can't be retained placenta can it? It is odd I guess I'll have to see a doctor just to be safe :(

I had a c section too, and thought it couldn't happen as well but turns out it can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->