tmi...do you pee when you sneeze?

ButterCup17

Reaction score
Lol I know the title sounds funny but I'm concerned...i know bladder control is a common issue when pregnant, but my ds is 10.5 months old and I had a c-section not even a vaginal delivery so why am I still "leaking" when I sneeze or cough or even stand up?? I feel like this isn't normal...?? :(

It's probably totally normal, but if you're worried, check if you have prolapse issues going on (and do your kegels).

I have a bladder prolapse after pregnancy no. 2 which is fairly inconvenient. It's a minor one but I still have to remember to squeeze if I sneeze or laugh too hard or else I leak enough to feel like I need a change of undies! Vigorous exercise at the gym also requires a panty liner. Totally sucks.

TMI but I first spotted the prolapse when I was in third trimester and looking in the mirror so I could tidy myself up before a scheduled OB visit. It's otherwise not something I would have realised as it doesn't cause me any discomfort as it does some other women.

My LO is 20 months old and this still occasionally happens!

I had a c-section and have never had it happen (but I rarely wee!), but I don't think it sounds abnormal that you are, get it checked it is on your mind though x

I had a CS & have a 2.5 yo & still have this problem...

Yes! I was fine up until recently but haven't done any kegel exercises in ages and I used to be quite strict with them. I'm booking a doctors appointment just to check

I don't know if it is an option for you but in France you can have some physio which consists in reeducating your perineum. It is like kegels but when you go there you get to know exactly how strong your muscle is because there is a wand that measures your strenghth and it is on a screen. I have done it that way after my three pregnancies and I am convinced that I would not have done kegels properly if I hadn't done that. You could maybe ask your doctor if it is an option. Even though you had a c section pregnancy is still quite hard on us down there.

Well at least I'm not the only one! So am I supposed to wear a panty liner like 24/7? Ugh... i will def talk to my Dr about it

No but then again when I was in labor I was holding my pee and going to toilet but got sick of that so got a puke box. I also can hold it a long long time so think I have super mucles.

I always pee a little when I run. I'd a fourth degree tear. And although I do pilates I still pee a little. I sometimes wear a sanitary towel to the gym cause I pee that much 😢. I told me doctor I got physio but they reckon it's because DS was so big and I'm so small.

I do and LO is 15 months! But for me, it happens only for the week before and then during my period. :shrug:

I've only just started to leak occasionally and LO is 2.5 months old :wacko: Don't know what that's about.. it's not even necessarily when I sneeze or laugh.. I've noticed that if I need a wee, particularly when I'm on my way up the stairs to the toilet, a tiny bit just leaks out :| I've also noticed that I can't stop myself midstream anymore when I'm pretty sure I could before. Not a good sign :/

AK- me too! What kind of delivery did u have? Wonder if it makes a difference

And I was thinking about the kegles...so don't they work for your vaginal muscles? how does that help with peeing? Sorry, I need a refresher on my anatomy lessons lol

I had a very long labour (36 hours) and then a forceps delivery so quite possibly! But why would it be delayed? I've been doing my kegels.. did them while I was pregnant and since. Might have kinda neglected them somewhat in the last few weeks. . Could be that? What was your delivery like Buttercup, dare I ask?! :)

It was terrible, 30 hours of back labor and my epidural fell out twice, ended with emergency c-section bc his heart rate was dropping with each contraction. Ugh, memories! Lol

Yeah, sounds very familiar.. horrifying eh?!

This happens to me sometimes too. i have three kids but it's defo got worse since having my 2.5year old and he was a section.

It is definitely not normal to have urinary incontinence following or during pregnancy, although it is a very common problem or complication of both. It is however something that can be treated. I think the nerve that controls the muscles of your perineum can be bruised with labor even if you had a c section and this will take time to recover. Also the muscles can be stretched from pregnancy and or labor. If the issue is ongoing I would try seeing a physio that treats urinary incontinence. Studies have shown Physio is 80% effective at getting rid of the problem of urinary incontinence.

I've only just started to leak occasionally and LO is 2.5 months old :wacko: Don't know what that's about.. it's not even necessarily when I sneeze or laugh.. I've noticed that if I need a wee, particularly when I'm on my way up the stairs to the toilet, a tiny bit just leaks out :| I've also noticed that I can't stop myself midstream anymore when I'm pretty sure I could before. Not a good sign :/

This may sound more like urge incontinence than stress incontinence. It has less to do with the strength of kegal muscles. The treatment for urge incontinence is different. A physio specializing in pelvic health could help you with this...

Physio is useless, biggest waste of time imo their answer for everything is exercise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->