TMI pic 3 weeks past c-section

sheilarae07

Reaction score
I will be 3 weeks post c-section tomorrow and I had this discharge. The next time I went to the bathroom, I had more of the stringy discharge that's at the top. My bleeding had pretty much stopped until this. I am hoping it's just normal scabbing/healing but I have no idea. I did call my doctor and I have an appointment tomorrow to get a swab. The nurse said it might be a vaginal infection? To me, it looks like part of retained tissue or the placental or incision scab coming out. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• discharge.jpg
    discharge.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 62
It does look a bit retained products/placenta like to me hun I had similar when I had a missed miscarriage and retained products.
Xx

Looks like tissue to me too. Did you find out what was going on? How are you feeling?

That is definitely retained product. I would get checked out hun.

I went to the dr. the day after I posted this. The dr. did say it was strange but since my bleeding had stopped, she thought that I had passed everything. She believed it was the internal scab from my incision. Since then, my bleeding has been bright red again :( It looks like a period (blood and mucous). I have no idea what's happening.

My post partum bleeding came and went a bit but it really does seem like it was retained placenta.
My bleeding had stopped when I had retained products and then started again when I passed it.
You could call your midwife and see what she says, they might scan you to check that's the last of it.
I would be very watchful of signs of infection, high temperatures, fever, pain, bleeding or discharge going a funny colour or smelling.
Xx

She did prescribe some antibiotics for a bacterial infection that came back positive from the swab. If I have any other infection, I hope that will take care of it. I have been checking my temp multiple times a day and it's always normal. This morning, I woke up with no blood or discharge of any kind... Got to love the mysterious things that happen after a baby!
I am hoping that if it was retained product that it all passed. I will keep my eye out for anything too suspicious but I THINK it's ok now.

If you had an infection too it does seem more likely that it was rp!
Hope it doesn't cause you any trouble xx

My bleeding has slowed back down to just spotting/brown discharge. I am hoping this has been all relatively normal. I do believe that was part of my placenta but I have not had any other issues since this. My 6 week check up is 2 weeks away. I will talk to my doctor about it. I saw a different dr. last time I went in. I've not really had any pain or anything, just some mild-moderate cramping. I am not too worried about it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->