tmi question hemerroids/piles

tina426

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

So what warrants an immediate call to the doctor? I've had some symptoms of these for the past ten weeks or so as I've been wonderfully constipated my entire pregnancy.

Today i had some blood after an attempt/mini bm. I've had a teeny spot here or there before, but so small i literally wouldn't think twice about it. This was like a quarter sized amount and bright red. (And I'm positive where it was coming from, i know our wasnt show or anything like that)

I'm kind of freaking out. Anyone else? I think this can wait till Monday to give doc a call?

I got them with my last pregnancy, I didn't bleed from them during pregnancy but after I did and sometimes still do..but once, i did go to the bathroom and I bled a ton...a lot lot.. it was completely bright red. it was so scary, but it never happened again and everything was fine.. I didn't realize we were supposed to call the dr about them :/ but giving you hope that everything can be just fine even with a whole lot of bleeding from them.

mine tend to bleed a little if it's been awhile since I last went or if I have gone a lot. I think it's when it's bright red and if there is quite a bit of blood. usually the little bit of blood is just from where they are irritated and nothing to worry about. if there is blood in the toilet after you have gone then that warrants a ring to your doctor as soon as possible, again usually nothing to worry about but when it comes to that best to be safe.

It's probably nothing to worry about. After eaxh BM you could wipe with Tucks if there's any discomfort or swelling, and mention it to your doctor, he might prescribe something. Try not to strain, drink a lot of water and eat your fibers, as it probably won't heal unless you deal with your constipation :(

Thanks ladies, I've calmed down a little. Will probably still give the doc a ring Monday. I'd been doing miralax (per doc) just about every day, and had things moving smoothly for a bit there and forgot to buy a bottle at the store last week...too lazy to go back and figured I'd be fine. Haha this is one of those things that make me hope the next 5 weeks speed by!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->