TMI sex question (not graphic though).

Mintastic

Reaction score
Okay, probably a super dumb question but I couldn't find the answer online and am embarrassed to ask my OB.

If I don't have vaginal intercourse for a really long time before birth, will it make the birth more painful or difficult because I will be tight?

Does anyone know? Either from a medical perspective or from personal experience with past births (like if one time you were having regular sex in the 3rd tri, and another time you weren't at all?).

I doubt it would have an effect. unless the man has an 8cm+ girth, it's unlikely to help 'stretch' you out if that's what you are worried about.

In my past pregnancies, I probably did not have sex more than 2 or 3 times in the last 6 weeks and my births were normal. they were painful but I can't say whether more or less than usual.

No, it won't make any difference. In my first pregnancy, I was so nervous and so huge that I didn't have much sex at all. In the last few weeks my partner didn't like the idea either.

But i gave birth to a nine-pounder! There was certainly no tightness or problems stretching :thumbup:

The vagina is made to be super-stretchy and the hormones you produce during pregnancy and labour will ensure it does its job and stretches properly without you having to do anything special.

It definitely won't make a difference! A man's penis and a baby's head circumference are like Jupiter and a small pea. Not even on the same playing field there. ;)

You don't actually start closing up if you don't have sex either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->