TMI Topic

BeckyBoo

Mum to 2
Reaction score
Constipation?!

I've tried fiber and fruit etc and nothing is shifting it. I'm not even on Iron Tablets yet. Help! :hissy:

he he I have it too. its soooooo annoying isnt it. ive tried everything and it doesn't go away. i even had piles :blush:(sorry way tmi) it was awful. some days are worse than others. i think we just have to get used to it!! everytime i have an appointment with my nurse or the mw i keep forgetting to ask is there anything i can do about it :dohh:

story of my (pregnant) life

I still havent managed to find a solution for it yet... if you find one be sure to let me know!

Hope you loosen up soon

xxx

Take a bulking agent like Metamucil or Citrucel. This is normally a powder that you add to water to make a drink. The powder adds bulk to your digestive tract and keeps things running smoothly wether you are constipated or loose.

I've swung both ways throughout the pregnancy... some weeks one way some the other and this has helped keep me very regular through it all.

:blush:

I got recommended decaff coffee - it was really random but it really worked for me when I drank a couple of cups a day. I also have bio yogert with my cerel in the mornings - which seemed to make a huge difference.

Benefibre is great - I put it on my cereal, in my tea, in cooking - fab, fab, fab!!!

I'm not a fan of coffee but will give those suggestions a try before I explode!!!

I got Lactulose from my GP today, apparently it takes 3 days to work but it's good!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I will have to go to GP soon as I get alot of pain. I also have a twist in my bowel which doesn't help!

I had this problem earlier in my pregnancy, and I just drank some prune juice, mind you it is really yucky, and ate a bunch of fruit,a nd it did the trick... Hope you get some relief soon!!

Eat a bran muffin everyday, or something with bran in it. It helps you go to the bathroom. If it's horrible and you need to get it out NOW, but you can't, drink warm water. It empties your bowels easily. :) Hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->