tmj?

shocker

Reaction score
So my doctor diagnosed me with tmj (jaw joint dysfunction) a few months ago as it had been at me for quite a while before that.Its always only been on one side but i woke up yesterday and it was on the other side aswell so now i cant chew and its really sore.My doctor recomended when i saw him last that i have it operated on but it was cancelled when i became pregnant as it wasnt urgent.Now im going to have to go back and have the operation but the waiting list is quite long, basically what im asking is has anyone had the operation? and also what did you do to stop the pain in the meantime?

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who's had the operation as well. I've had TMJ since I was a kid, and it's getting worse the older I get, specifically these last couple of years. Like you the problem was mostly on one side but now the other side is starting to have issues and it really gets to be pretty bad/painful/annoying/and scary. I was told they won't allow surgery unless I first get a night brace to ensure that the problem isn't just my grinding my teeth, but I know that's not the problem! :wacko: stupid technicalities, I don't want to have to pay the money for them to tell me what I already know (that I need surgery!). but there's no way I can get it done without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->