To Admin: Confused - lots of active threads on the TTCAL forum moved to Lounge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandbleu

MAL with Little Blue
Reaction score
Dear Admin/Mods,

I don't understand why a bunch of active TTCAL threads have been moved to the lounge area for general TTC discussion groups. One of the reasons these threads are so active is that we have really bonded over our losses and TTC is a different experience after suffering a loss. I'm a little sad that these threads are no longer in the TTCAL where I found them in the first place and where there is a shared sense of community after what we have suffered. Why were they moved and is it possible to move them back to the TTCAL part of the forum where other ladies who need support might find them more easily? Maybe there could be a discussion group section added to TTCAL if these active threads are causing a problem but I think it's a good idea to keep them in the TTCAL section for new ladies to discover the help and support they need throughout TTC after a loss. Thank you for that consideration. I know these threads have been invaluable to me after my miscarriage and I'm sure others feel the same.

Sincerely,
Grandbleu

Grandbleu

HayleyJJ and I set up a new group/thread for TTCAL last night which we asked the mods to put in TTCAL forum. From what I understand from the mods there were some temporary redirects put on some of the groups/threads. Tbh I don't know what that means but you can still post within the threads - or at least you could last night - but they're not showing as updated in the TTCAL list.

Sorry I don't know any more than this.

Pip x

Hi grandbleu,

Are you talking about the TTC groups that have been moved into the TTC groups forum?

All the 'Trying to conceive' subjects share one groups area (so WTT, TTC TTCAL, LTTTC, 2WW all use one groups forum - same goes for 'Pregnancy' etc). Groups are based on categories, not subject... so basically, if it is a group, it belongs in the group forum :)

Hi Stircrazy

You say that if it is a group it belongs in the group forum but does it not also appear in the appropriate subject forum, for example Midsummer Dreamers is a group, it's 'path' takes you to the groups, but it also appears in Pregnancy First Trimester which is probably where most people post from.

Thanks.

Pip x

I don't get it? If it is a 'Group' and started in a pregnancy forum (EG. 1st), it will (eventually, when spotted) get moved to the corresponding (appropriate) group forum. The link you can see is only a redirection link :)

Hi Stircrazy

Thank you for explaining that to me. I guess I was just surprised because I didn't consider some of the threads groups...for example the TWW after a Loss I started is for anyone going through the TWW so the people posting are constantly changing since our cycles are all different. I guess I feel like after awhile new people who have had miscarriages won't be able to find the longer and very supportive threads that have helped so many of us because they may not think to look in the general TTC discussion groups section. I know for me after my loss it was important to find the small section where I knew everybody was on the same page. Also people with new losses could find helpful advice from ladies who had been around the TTCAL section longer which I also found invaluable. Obviously if Admin has a policy I don't want to break it but just wanted to let you know where I was coming from.

Thanks for reading,
Grandbleu

All groups have been moved and I don't believe they should be moved out of their relevant sections. Why all of a sudden they've all been moved when we have been happily supporting eachother for months is beyond me.

All groups have been moved and I don't believe they should be moved out of their relevant sections. Why all of a sudden they've all been moved when we have been happily supporting eachother for months is beyond me.

Oh I didn't realize that it was more than just TTCAL. Sorry your groups got moved as well.

Just a suggestion:

Is there a way that we could get the discussion groups for the TTCAL groups directly under our section (like how LTTTC has their journals and success stories linked right under their section)?

That way new ladies who have just suffered a loss would know how to find us (those that may be in TTCAL for awhile and have valuable advice and support for newer members). I agree I don't want new questions to be bumped out of the way by very active threads but I also want there to be a way that new TTCAL members would be able to easily find discussions/threads that are going on that have tons of relevant information and advice and support for them especially when just after a loss it can feel so daunting to start over again. These threads give us hope.

Thank you so much for your consideration. I really appreciate it. This forum (especially the Miscarriage Support and TTCAL sections) has been a lifesaver for me during this difficult time.

The subject of this thread is continued here: https://www.babyandbump.com/forum-h...-admin-re-moving-all-groups-suggestion-2.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"