To be embarrassed by mum

laura109

Reaction score
Hi everyone, this site doesn't seem as busy as it used to be so I don't know if I'll get any replies.

Basically my mother (67) embarrasses me. I'm sick of her getting away with her opinions and rudeness towards other people. She is home all week whilst my dad works. For health reasons she has chosen to stay in the house and not go out without dad. Five years ago she was able to go into town etc.

She's never been affectionate or loving. I've struggled with her personality alot since having my children. It's like I love her but I don't like her. I don't like how she sees the world, her lack of empathy or the fact she finds it so easy to mock her own kids or belittle them.

She will make comments and digs at everyone and try mask it by making out she doesn't know some thing or by saying it then secretly telling us kids what she really thinks. For example she doesn't like my cousin. So therefore his kids she barely knows are brats, horrible, not nice. His brother who she likes, well his child is a nice cheeky boy.

It's like she always has to remind us of our flaws and failings. I was pathetic when I was younger. I was a wimp. I have always been a snappy so and so ... She tells me these cringey reminders of me now I'm 30 and I hate it. I was shy and snappy because she did nothing with us and was never kind.

I've had enough of her taking the pee out of me and putting me down. Oh she loves a chance to say something about me not being great. I was telling my mum my friend fixed my pushchair in the middle of the street once. She's good at things like that. I'm good at remembering what we need to do. So I remind her to order her kids meals for school etc before the deadline. I'd only got to the part where I said Kate had fixed my wheel and my mum butted in and said where as your helpless. Thanks mum!!

I have two kids, a partner, a mortgage and I worked for ten years. I now am a stay at home mum for the foreseeable future. I don't feel I've failed. My kids have had three holidays. I've started doing more things so I don't end up giving my kids no experience like my mum did. She can't seem to ever say I'm doing ok. I tag my friends in stuff on Facebook only for her to totally rip the pee out of me in a comment below. It's like she wants to say to people I know. I'm her mum and don't let her fool you she's really like this. I tagged my friend the other day in a picture of our favourite beach. In a location my mum's never been to (she's never been anywhere) and she wrote underneath it in your dreams Laura. I thought why is it in my dreams when I've been before and I'm going back in 17 months. If my sister has a laugh with me on Facebook my mum joins in with her stupid laughing emojis usually on any comments that my sister puts taking the pee out of me.

She's really rude to my auntie about her nephew she looks after because she doesn't like him. She started asking her why he's not at ore school the other day. I told her not everyone sends there child to an actual pre school as nurseries have a room for pre schoolers. She knows full well this is the case as my child went to nursery but she just wanted to pop at this boys mum because she doesn't walk much as my auntie runs about after her. That's not really my mum's business.

Also if she sees my aunties complimenting her kids on FB she doesn't half kick off and rant to us about how sick and pathetic people are. She hates mums saying their babies are beautiful etc. She rights bootifuk on our kids pics to rip the pee out of everyone else. She's not even saying anything nice to our kids. Just using them to dig.

She's also recently told me I was a saddo for looking forward to a Primark spree. She's never been!!! She also told me recently my DD doesnt need to go to the cinema with a couple of friends for her birthday. Apparently five year olds don't need to do these things. Well she didn't do these things for us and we didn't turn out very worldly or confident

Sorry about another mum rant. It's awful realising you cant understand your own mum.

Jeez she sounds delightful. Have you told her how vile shes being?

She sounds awful :( It's like she is putting you down to make herself feel better in some way and it sounds like Facebook makes her even worse :(

I had a mum like this. So glad I cut her out of my life. I feel so relieved now.

Oh god i dont know how youve stayed so calm. My parents arent very maternal or affectionate and it can have an affect, im 38 now and my mam has only just started to give me a hug goodbye. I honestly can not remember the last time she said i love you. However she isnt as your mother is. She just isnt lovey dovey. Is your mam possibly resentful of everyone's lives? She may actually be quite miserable and bitter and find it makes her feel better putting everyone else down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->