To buy a surgical ring cushion or not?

callypygous

Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone has used a surgical ring cushion after birth and if they think it's a useful purchase?

My Mum thinks it won't be necessary, but I already wince at the thought of sitting down after giving birth, but as a first time Mum have no experience!

If you didn't get one, what did you use to ease the pressure on that area?

I didn't need one, a comfy chair helped me in the early days but actually I found myself sitting and standing to help the aches/pains. x

I don't think they're very expensive. If you think you want/need one, just buy one. :)

I've never sat on one before, or given birth, but a know a few ladies who said they were helpful.

Maybe it was due to back labour but I was so bruised internally and externally that I could not sit on a flat surface such as a chair or sofa. I actually started using my breast feeding pillow to sit on and it worked SO well!! I highly recommend it but think it will depend on your delivery. If I were you I would wait until you have the baby, see how you feel and if necessary send someone out to get one for you.

Thanks for the advice ladies. I'm having to order a lot online because there isn't much available locally - but it's true that they don't cost much so I may as well have one and be prepared!

Could always sell on if you didn't use it at all x

I personally wouldn't, it wouldn't be useful for very long, and you end up with so much crap around your house with a baby. If you need something, you will be able to cobble some cushion arrangement together.
(I had forceps, and 2nd degree episotomy that got infected, pretty painful).

I sent my OH out to grab me one when we got home because sitting was so painful. It helped a lot but I did only use it for a day or two so I wouldnt say it was a necessary item. I found the only real way to feel a lot less pain was to lie down.

i dont know if they have Aldis food stores in your area (i think i saw that op is in Spain)..but in their ad this week, at least in the states, they have a nice covered donut cushion for 5.99...i sit in an office chair most of my day and this chair was soo comfy before pregnancy, but now it just HATES me lately...so i think im going to talk hubby into swinging me by there today for one of these :thumbup:

Is wear 3 mat pads slightly over lapping side by side. Helps with comfort and the blood.
You won't need a cushion, u just have to sit down carefully, ud need that with the cushion too.
The only real pain I had down there after having my second was a lovely pile lol

I never heard of one before and had to google it - it's like an inflatable donut to sit on? I wasn't as comfortable on a toilet as I was on a comfy couch, so I don't think I would get one. For me not sitting on a flat surface caused more pressure/pain. But they are pretty cheap to buy - if you don't use it, then just pass it on!

I didn't experience any pain sitting down after giving birth...is that weird?

I didn't experience any pain sitting down after giving birth...is that weird?

I didn't with my second either. I did with my first though because I had a small tear that was in a bad location!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->