To buy list

S

Shifter

My MIL has asked for a wish list. I started one, but am sure I must have forgotten a hundred things!

This is what I have so far:

Body suits 10
Sleep suits 10
Socks 10
Booties 5
Newborn outfits 5
Warm layers 2

Cloth nappies 20
Muslin Squares 10
Bibs 5

Steriliser 1
Bottles 5
Breast pump 1

Play mat 1
Baby bath 1
Night mobile 1
Stair gate 1/2
Reclining baby seat/bouncer 1
Cot safety body roll 1
Moses basket 1
Cot bedding 3
Cot mattress 1

Cot 1
Pram 1
Travel cot 1
Car seat 1
Changing table 1

Please feel free to chip in with anything I've missed or suggest different quantities of things! We have already got some of this stuff, but not much yet, we're hoping to get some of it for xmas :rofl:

Looks like your going well with your list Holly hun .

I cannot find anything else you will need of hand , Congrats on getting most things organised hun . xxxxx .

Woo, Glad to see someone else is as organised as me :)
Perhaps you could get a couple of pram blankets or something for when its older such as a highchair or bumbo chair.

Iv been buying since about 11 weeks and heres what Iv got so far...

Baby Bath
Top and tail Bowl
Baby Box
Changing mat
3 x Sponges
3 x Hooded towels
Bath thermometer
Baby wipes
Nappies

Moses basket and stand
Moses basket bedding
Cot bedding
Cot bumper
Cot mobile
Cot light

Sterilliser
4 small bottles
5 larger bottles

Pram
Car seat
Changing bag

Play gym
2 Toys

6 x Toweling sleepsuits(3x 0-3months)(3x3-6months)
10 x short sleeved bodysuits(5x 0-3months)(5x3-6months)
10 x sleeveless bodysuits(5x 0-3months)(5x 3-6months)
6 x Long sleeved sleepsuits(3x 0-3months)(3x 3-6months)

5 pairs of booties
9 pairs of socks
3 pairs of scratch mitts
2 hats

6 outfits (0-3months)
1 Pramsuit(6-9months)
4 pairs of leggings(0-3months)
12 Bibs

Iv got quite a few bits left to get-
Cotbed and mattress, which Im buying after Christmas
Changing unit, Buying in a couple of weeks
Travel cot, My nan is buying me
Baby carrier, OH is getting
Highchair, Getting way after Christmas
Bumbo chair, Buying next week
Bouncer, Getting when I know the sex
and Muslin squares :)

XX Iv probably got way too much but he/shes gunna be so spoilt lol

You might want some nice new, soft towels. Also, maybe another set of bedding?? Just cos if your LO is quite sicky, an extra set might come in handy!!
What about a couple of little toys to hang from the pushchair?
And from advice I've had, I've got 7 bottles so you don't have to wash & sterilise as often. Not everyone wants/needs them, but we've bought a monitor too - not that our house is huge & we wont hear bubs crying, but it's going to make me feel happier!!
Do you have a changing bag for when you go out?

xxx

Eek! I have a moses basket and a cot so far.... that's all! You've made me realise how much more we need to sort out!

baby bath towels (at least 4)
baby bath rags
might want more muslin squares so you aren't always doing the wash
extra sheets (we have 3 sheets total)
bibs (we probably have 30 but I go through them quickly with the teething and of course babies are such messy eaters!)

You might want some nice new, soft towels. Also, maybe another set of bedding?? Just cos if your LO is quite sicky, an extra set might come in handy!!
What about a couple of little toys to hang from the pushchair?
And from advice I've had, I've got 7 bottles so you don't have to wash & sterilise as often. Not everyone wants/needs them, but we've bought a monitor too - not that our house is huge & we wont hear bubs crying, but it's going to make me feel happier!!
Do you have a changing bag for when you go out?

xxx

Ooh, some good suggestions in there, thanks. I'm only planning on getting a few bottles as I'm going to be breastfeeding, I just want a couple handy to express into.

We've got new towels that weren't intended for baby, but now I have a use for them that I hadn't considered before! Thanks :)

Some stuff for when bubs is older and no longer sharing our room I have deliberately left off the list so far (high chair, baby monitor etc.).

In case it's not clear, the numbers are the quantity I intend to get, not what I've already got!!

what about a bottle warmer, realise if your not bottle feeding much then might not be too usefull and can just use hot water, but some people like to have them (im not going to get one) just a thought

I think your list is great hun and apart from towels you seem to be pretty comprehensive. Some people do go over the top and there is no need as you will find you end up with loads of stuff you never used or is just in your way. Are you getting a changing table with the bath on it as they are great, I have one!

A changing bag is a must for when you go out but you can use a back pack or anything, it doesn't need to be one of those silly expensive ones. Infact if you join the Boots parent club you get one for free is you buy a pack of pampers new borns. Just an idea and the bag is very handy.

Anything else you think of you can get when the baby is here, it isn't always necessary to get it all before hand xxx

yeh well im guna seacrh this list when im where u r ,cos im so forgettful:rofl: OR ask woob to make it a sticky on 3rd tri !?!?!?!?!?

ur list is fab n others cud add to it when theyve got somat different !!!!!!

I think your list is great hun and apart from towels you seem to be pretty comprehensive. Some people do go over the top and there is no need as you will find you end up with loads of stuff you never used or is just in your way. Are you getting a changing table with the bath on it as they are great, I have one!

A changing bag is a must for when you go out but you can use a back pack or anything, it doesn't need to be one of those silly expensive ones. Infact if you join the Boots parent club you get one for free is you buy a pack of pampers new borns. Just an idea and the bag is very handy.

Anything else you think of you can get when the baby is here, it isn't always necessary to get it all before hand xxx

Ta hun. The changing table we want has a mat on top, not a bath, but thanks for the suggestion and I got a changing bag with the pram :)

Scratch mitts, towels, cardigans, baby sleeping bags (I swear by them for a good nights sleep)....more bibs and muslins definitely coz they'll be used for at least 2 years and you always need more:rofl:

You could consider a nursery thermometer, nail clippers, a bath thermometer and a baby thermometer (they're just some of the things I haven't got yet!!) x

eta. oh - and a couple of hats?

:blush: wow I better get shopping, I haven't got anything for bubs yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"