To have Flu Jab yes or no?

PPP80

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post & not actually sure what to do but i have become increasingly worried about whether to have the flu jab offered this year or not.I am 21 weeks at the mo & dont want to risk anything happening to my little girl.Ive read on line alot of women have had miscarriages after having it but then the NHS sites say there is no risk to your unborn baby, i dont have complete faith in the NHS,just wondered if anyone feels the same??

I'm also unsure too! I didn't have it with DS though, so i' edging towards not x

Hi Hellbunny i've decided not to have it,my sis also preggers & she's not we don't wanna risk having it after what I've read,hope u make the right decision 4 u,go with ur gut instinct it's usually always right!!

I can't tell you what to do, but recent studies have shown that the flu vaccine only prevents the flu in 1.5 out of every 100 people, including those who get the flu shot.

https://www.naturalnews.com/033998_influenza_vaccines_effectiveness.html

There is no live virus in this years vaccine, therefore there is absolutely nothing for you or the baby to have a bad reaction to. A non-live vaccine works by tricking your body into thinking it is under attack, and generating the antibodies, rather than giving you a low level of antibodies to react to.

A large percentage of people who died from swine flu over the last two years were pregnant, and getting the flu vaccine could easily save you and your babies life. There is no other way to prevent against swine flu. Yes, you can still get rarer forms of flu, but protecting yourself against those forms you can protect against is an important step in minimising risk during pregnancy.

There is no live virus in this years vaccine, therefore there is absolutely nothing for you or the baby to have a bad reaction to. A non-live vaccine works by tricking your body into thinking it is under attack, and generating the antibodies, rather than giving you a low level of antibodies to react to.

A large percentage of people who died from swine flu over the last two years were pregnant, and getting the flu vaccine could easily save you and your babies life. There is no other way to prevent against swine flu. Yes, you can still get rarer forms of flu, but protecting yourself against those forms you can protect against is an important step in minimising risk during pregnancy.

Completely true. I had mine when i was 26 weeks pregnant during a massive argument with a nurse. It was all my fault as i was being obstinate about it and 'it wont happen to me'. Luckily i did as my OH got swine flu and if i hadnt of had it i dont know what would have happened to my LO.

And yes there is no live vaccine this year.

I've just had mine done, having had "regular" flu and also the H1N1 Virus, there's no way I want to risk that again.
I've not had an easy ride so far with this pregnancy and am pretty sure that getting the flu would be a lot worse for me and the baby than getting the flu shot.

Your baby, your choice though.

I've also had my vaccination done. I'm one of those people who are the first ones to get the flu every year and its really difficult for my body to cope with - so this year, I rushed to get vaccinated as soon as they were doing it.

Like everyone else said, its not live vaccine so its pretty harmless in the sense that it won't GIVE you the flu... Good Luck with your decision!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->