To not buy kids a 'main present?

Sarah Lou 80

Reaction score
Just having a bit of a battle with myself over whether to buy my two (aged almost 6 and 3yrs) a main present.

Our 3 year old will be 4 in the summer so will get her a bike then. They both have scooters. The nearly 6 year old needs a new bike really but we are moving at some point before or just after Christmas so don't want to buy big things.

They will be getting some lovely gifts that I know they will love and I know they won't expect a big present...I just feel strange not getting one!

Does anyone else not buy a 'main' present?

I'm not getting my DS a main present mainly because I can't think of any main present that he would like. I am going to get him lots of small presents which I think he will prefer more :)

I don't always buy mine a big main present. Most of the time their main present is what they ask santa for no matter how big. But, this year they're both getting bikes because they desperately need them.

Im not getting my youngest a main present as I can't think of one so same as bev, she is getting more smaller presents!

I never bought a main present when mine were little. I still technically don't, although this year they do all have something that would qualify as one. I just get what I know they will like.

I never have bought a main present. It's not something I was even aware of 'being a thing' until this forum. I'm not sure how it's defined either; the biggest gift, the most expensive, the thing the kid wants most??

I buy my daughter around 6 things for Christmas from Santa and one from me. I just buy what she has said she wants or has talked about the most. (depending on cost of course. I'm not spending tons of money on a 5 year old. :xmas23:)

I've always done the main present as the main gift they ask for from Santa.
So last year DD asked for a wedding dress so that's what santa left.

Although, problem with this is if they write their list then change their mind. I have to say they can't change their minds lol

I don't choose a main present as such, I just set a budget and buy to that from their lists and what I think they'll like. Sometimes it ends up that one present is bigger but not necessarily the most expensive e.g. one year DD2 got a teepee.

I don't necessarily do a main present unless there happens to be a big thing that they want. Last year my older 2 got bikes and my youngest got a dolls pram which were their biggest gifts. This year DS has asked for a camera so that will be his biggest gift but my DD's likely won't have a main gift.

I only get a main if i planned on getting something big in the first place. So last year ds3 had a bmx. But typically they dont get mains x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->