To Tell.. or Not to Tell..

Shelby2007

Khyler Rae born 1/26/10
Reaction score
Hi everyone.. my husband and I just received our first :bfp: on December 30th. And we are soo excited. I have taken 3 tests. My doctor was off this week due to New Year's - and hopefully we will be getting a phone call from her for our 1st appointment!

I was wondering - who told their family before they were 12 weeks along.. and who waited. Im just wondering the pros and cons -

Also - we are thinking about telling everyone after the first appointment.. and wanted some creative ideas :happydance: So let's hear them ladies! Im sick of brainstorming.. and/or trying to decide if I want to wait until the end of February (which there is NO WAY i could wait :dohh: )

We are soo excited!

congratulations on your BFP!! I only got my BFP last week but I told my husband and then my mum! I figured if something awful (touch wood) went wrong I would tell her anyway so I may as well share the good news. But I have asked her not to tell anyone else. But this is my first time so I may just be going about it all wrong!

:dance: congrats !
with my pregnancy in march08 (1st pregnancy) we told EVERYONE ! sadley i mmc at 11wk, then of course had to explain to everyone, but im glad i told 2close mates ,they were there for support .......... this time, we had a early scan at 8wk, all was fine,saw HB, we were guna tell then,but didnt ... we waited till 12wk scan and now we've told everyone, i feel a little safter thats why,but theres no right/wrong time to tell hun :hugs:

https://dl2.glitter-graphics.net/pub/156/156882g82qpu0ale.gif

I don't know how I'd keep quiet, I'd be bursting with excitement if it was my turn!!!

Congratulations on your :bfp:!! When I was pregnant with my 1st, my Mum was visiting from the US when my pregnancy was confirmed, so we thought it was fair to share the news with my DH's parents which means our siblings got the news too. I told my supervisor before my 12 week scan for Health & Safety reasons at work.

If I was to get pregnant again, I would do the same again but keeping the news from friends until after the 12 week scan.

Congrats again and good luck for the next 9 months!

Congratulations!
wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months
xxx

Congratulations on your BFP! We told our parents very early on, like the day after we got our BFP!!!, as it was mothers day and we knew it would make our mums days! Then I told a couple of close friends. We waited until we had had 12 week scan before we told everyone else! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months xxx

Congratulations Shelby.

We've only started TTC but I found a lovely book for first-time grandparents in a magazine and thought giving it wrapped up as a present to my DH's parent would be a cute way to give them the news (when we have some).

Good luck with your pregancy!!!

congratulationd, hope you hve a very healthy pregnancy :) xx :hug:

:yipee:congratulations!:yipee:

With our pregnancy, we had told our parents around 7 weeks, and my work at 10 weeks (i was starting to show big time, was wearing maternity pants & coworkers were starting to get suspicious. I had put on over ten pounds :blush:) Honestly, I'm glad that I told everyone early on, as *unfortunately my pregnancy ended in miscarriage* and I needed the support from everyone around me. If this were me again, I would share the news early on again, as I will need support in any subsequent pregnancy.

Congratulations hun! This is wonderful news, go on and share it with the world!:yipee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->