• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

To train up the child

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.co.uk/To-Train-U...eywords=hearts+of+the+fathers+to+the+children

Firstly thoughts on the book? (You can see parts of it if you click look inside, I haven't read it all, I got as far as, based on what the atmosphere use to train their mules, and that was enough for me).

Secondly, should stores like amazon be allowed to sell books like this? If you disagree with the book.

Any thoughts?

They have been selling this book for a long time unfortunately. It is disgusting.

Generally I believe in free speech and that yes Amazon should be allowed to sell what they like but in the case of this particular book I think amazon should have know better and not stocked it regardless of if they were allowed to or not.

The Pearls are VILE in my opinion. I was looking into using a birth center early in this pregnancy, and we only have one in the area. I was just about to schedule a tour with them when I noticed on their website their "helpful links" included a couple that took me to the Pearls' websites. Anyone who supports them and their version of child rearing has no business near my children OR my body! To be honest, I was speechless seeing it coming from a "holistic" midwifery practice!

I read the whole preview..............seriously WTF?!

The bit that jumped out at me the most was the glasses thing towards the end of the preview.

Millie reaches out for my glasses now - and so I am to "thump or swat her hand to cause a little pain"

F**K RIGHT OFF!!! That is such a disgusting thing to 'teach' mothers/fathers to do to 'train' their children.

Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

I was never EVER treated like that, and our house wasn't baby proofed growing up, we just knew what was ours and what wasn't through gentle techniques by our parents, not hitting/smacking to cause a little pain :nope:

Anyone who goes by this complete method of 'training' really has no weight as a decent parent in my honest opinion :nope:

They should be held accountable!

https://www.examiner.com/article/an...f-murder-for-parenting-by-to-train-up-a-child

It horrible isn't it? Was so shocked when I saw someone share a link and thought they were reading too much into it but it actually tell you to beat your child, it's horrible. Surely it can't be legal, especially in the uk where smacking kids it's frowned upon but with a weapon is a offence.

It's strange, I know amazon took off sale lots of violent books about rape, etc recently, but in all honestly that seems better than a book telling you to beat and stave your kids.

Fkn terrible. How can they live with themselves. How can they call this anything christian like.

Several children have been murdered under this way of thinking...in that case I don't think amazon should sell it. What good can possibly come out of this? There is a couple here on trail for murder and they used this method...

They are sick and twisted people, that live a cult like life... children have died because of this book! It needs BANNED.

Out of curiosity I just read the 5 star reviews. A fair few gave it 5 stars to draw attention to their calls to ban it but worryingly there are a few actually praising the book for encouraging firm parenting rather than soft 'modern' parenting. Let's just say I'd rather be a soft parent than end up with no kids for trying these methods.

I only heard about this book after reading an article of a child who lost their life from their parents using the methods from this book. And apparently there has been more than one child thats died from the use of this book, it should definitely be banned from being sold.

I can't read the pages of the book on my mobile but I looked through the reviews and they all seem to point towards 1 pretty big issue - the book recommends physical abuse as a way to discipline children.... AND babies! Given the fact that it is quite obviously wrong and illegal in the UK - yes, Amazon should ban it. I'm sure they don't allow books on 'how to be a paedophile' so why is this any different? :wacko:

They recommend hitting infants with plumbing pipe, even at a few months of age when "misbehaving". Pull their hair when they bite while nursing etc... f*****g sick people!

I can't read the pages of the book on my mobile but I looked through the reviews and they all seem to point towards 1 pretty big issue - the book recommends physical abuse as a way to discipline children.... AND babies! Given the fact that it is quite obviously wrong and illegal in the UK - yes, Amazon should ban it. I'm sure they don't allow books on 'how to be a paedophile' so why is this any different? :wacko:

I think they actually did at one point, there was a huge controversy.

With the stories of the children dying directly from the parents using the book, surely the parents are using highly exaggerated versions? Surely the book doesn't say to full on shake or hit or strangle your baby? Right...? :wacko:

I completely agree with free speech etc and Amazon ofc have the right to sell the book but morally? I think they should remove it.
I also think the Pearl need to be held accountable for death related to this book. They may not commit the physical act but they inspire it and instruct it!
They are a complete disgrace.

I think they actually did at one point, there was a huge controversy.

With the stories of the children dying directly from the parents using the book, surely the parents are using highly exaggerated versions? Surely the book doesn't say to full on shake or hit or strangle your baby? Right...? :wacko:
They tell you how to beat your child yes. As one pp said it's with plumbing tubing and what not. The children ( there are at least 3) that have died as a result of these "lessons" die because their parents keep beating them when their "will cannot be broke". These children die from excessive bruising leading to internal trauma its disgusting. And I too am for free speech but this has led to multiple deaths... Its unethical to sell it imo

I can't read the content but I have read the reviews and it seems to suggest beating a baby as young as 4 months. My lo is 8 months so I guess I'm a bit behind with disciplining her!

I find it hard to believe that a book like this is even legal let a lone being sold by such a reputable company. The actions described with in it certainly aren't legal. Free speech is one thing but this book tells people to do extremely harmful things. You would think there would be a loop hole that makes it possible to ban something that advocates doing something illegal. Amazon should not be selling it but imo it should not even be being made.

ive never heard of "training" children...what are they?....DOGS?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->