To wait or not to wait??

Steph32

Reaction score
Ok, so I was dead set on waiting through this cycle after having a chemical last cycle... now I don't know. My OB told me to wait because she said there is a slight increased risk of having another m/c the next cycle... I don't know where she got these statistics from, has anyone heard this? Anyway, I am ovulating today or tomorrow and I don't want to waste what could be a perfectly good egg... haha!! Then again, having another m/c or even just a chemical scares me. I am so sensitive and it really took a lot out of me, emotionally and physically. On the other hand, I am not getting any younger and I feel like every month (or longer, b/c I tend to have long cycles) my chances decrease-- although I know I'm probably over-exaggerating but I can't help but feel the pressure as I get older and my son gets older (he'll be 4 in Nov)... I know he'll be such a good big brother and I really want him to have a younger sibling that's not too far apart in age. I know I really have no reason to complain or to make a big deal about this when I do already have a child, I should count my blessings, I know.... it's just been a really difficult year...

Sorry, this kind of turned into me venting a little bit... but back to my question, do I wait out this month? Is there REALLY an increased chance of another m/c in the next cycle?

By the way, I did have a missed m/c and d&c about 4 months ago... might have contributed to my chemical, maybe not, I don't know...

I hadn't heard about increased chance of MC. I think if I were you I would still try. I completely understand how you feel, wanting to get your BFP as soon as possible and not wanting to waste a cycle. Good luck!

I had a miscarriage on 1st July and we started trying again 2 weeks ago, BDing every 2 days. I hadn't had a period afterwards, and still haven't so I have no idea when I'm ovulating etc but we have agreed to NTNP until Christmas then maybe begin to take it more seriously. I am going to test on Aug 19th if AF still hasn't shown by then!

Good luck xx

I lost my bean at 4+3 on Wednesday. I'm on clomid and we were told to wait a cycle to let my body rebalance. The nurse didn't mention about an increased mc risk.

We decided to take soy this cycle and just see what happens.

Have you been tested for any contributing factors such as hormone levels?

Gl, whatever you decide to do I hope you have a sticky bean really soon x

I'm currently being tested for a few things by my regular dr (hormones, autoimmune issues) but haven't gone the fertility clinic route yet... if anything suspicious pops up I will look more into it and see what can be done. *Hoping* that the first one was just a fluke, or a chromosomal abnormality, and that the 2nd one was just due to the fact that it was too soon after the d&c and my lining wasn't up to par yet. Sipping red raspberry tea/tincture like all day long to get my lining to build back up!

I'm ovulating today really strongly, I feel an achiness on my side and i know that's what it is. It's hard to let the opportunity pass, but it might be best to wait for all of the testing to come back.

Carhar and Littlebird- Are the Soy Isoflavones working for you guys to induce or move up ovaulation date? I ovulate so late (like day 19-21) and would like to shorten my cycles, but don't really want to start on Clomid just yet.

This cycle, the soy didn't seem to change my ovulation date, but I have heard that it moves up ovulation for a lot of women. It is worth a try! I'm feeling disappointed because my temps on soy during the LP were pretty low compared to on Clomid, so I feel like it wasn't as effective for me. I just wish I knew why it's taking me so long to get pregnant again!

I'm on on cd4 since I mc, so I'll have to let you know about this cycle.

I did take soy a few months ago before I started clomid. It was my first and only 28 day cycle and I ov'd on cd16. I did have a hsg and reflexology in the same cycle so I'm not sure what affect that had.

I rarely ovulate probably once every 3 months on average and only get my af if I do ov x

LittleBird, I'm sorry you're feeling so low :hugs:

I hope we all get a sticky bfp soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"