Toast at what age

angel08

Reaction score
Hi all

I was wondering at what age can you start giving them toast and what bread do you use?Is it alright to use butter on it?

any advice is much appriciated!

Best regards
Angel08:hug:

we started giving toast around 6 months. I've heard it's best to use white bread and we've put a little butter on Hannah's before. You can also spread some apple sauce or other fruit puree on it (Hannah really likes that)

The info I've got says to wait at least 8 months before introducing wheat, as it's a common allergen.

I might try Elliot with a bit of toast soon, the hv has told me to introuduce finger foods and lumpy foods today...so i'm going to be brave!

keely.

I have given Rebecca a few bits of toast with bannana puree spread on it for about a week now and she has only started to eat small bits in the last couple of days.
Not sure about the allergy thing though??

:happydance: I am going to give Kathryn some toast this week!

I started giving Jasmine toast, she loves it and basically right now just sucks/gnaws at it, doesnt really eat much yet.

I have just started giving it to Lola last week :)

Oh how funny.

Tried Gabbi with some toast today, you would have thought I'd put a spider or something on her table!!!!! She's teething a bit at the mo so I thought toast might be good. Now this is the baby who grabs everything and puts it in her mouth, everything so why oh why is she scared of toast? Funny. I put it on her table and she lifted her arm up at the side of her head, and wouldn't take her eyes off the toast! She then would touch with one finger and pull away again. She would then watch her other hand and fingers, turning her hand and moving her fingers and every now and then she would look from the corner of her eyes to see if the toast was still there. She then would pick it up and put it down, and moan with arms away from the toast with a scared look on her face.

So I ate the toast :rofl:

I started max on toast at 6 months ..we used the smart bread from pom

Oh how funny.

Tried Gabbi with some toast today, you would have thought I'd put a spider or something on her table!!!!! She's teething a bit at the mo so I thought toast might be good. Now this is the baby who grabs everything and puts it in her mouth, everything so why oh why is she scared of toast? Funny. I put it on her table and she lifted her arm up at the side of her head, and wouldn't take her eyes off the toast! She then would touch with one finger and pull away again. She would then watch her other hand and fingers, turning her hand and moving her fingers and every now and then she would look from the corner of her eyes to see if the toast was still there. She then would pick it up and put it down, and moan with arms away from the toast with a scared look on her face.

So I ate the toast :rofl:
Ahhh that's so sweet!

we've had half a slice of taost just white bread with marg on. she's had brown bread aswell actually. My LO just sucks the life out of it! It gets a bit messy though, mushy lumps of bread get everywhere.

I'd never heard the 8 months thing due to allergies? I thought it was just peanuts and honey they couldn't have now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->