toast question

charlieann

Reaction score
ive read on here some people recomending toast as finger foods.
LO is 5 months and loves playing with and trying to eat bananas and bread so i was thinking offering toast as a variety. might be dumb/obvious questions but what do i do with it.

crusts on or not?
buttered or plain?
lightly toasted or dark?
cut into small strips of larger slices?

TIA

I usually just leave the crusts on, medium toast it and use a little spread/butter

Oh and i cut it into triangles, seems easier for the to hold once it starts going soggy :)

i think bread isnt supposed to be introduced till 6 months however luisa had it at about 51/2 months...

i cut the crusts off and toast lightly, small amount of butter.. cut it in two and she picks it up by herself..

she sort of sucked on it at first until it was gooey but now she rip little bits off with her teeth :)

hth

I usually just leave the crusts on, medium toast it and use a little spread/butter

Oh and i cut it into triangles, seems easier for the to hold once it starts going soggy :)

i will have to try the triangles! does brooke have anything other than butter on it?

i was thinking little bit of moisture with butter would help him but thought i couldnt introduce dairy till he was bigger. is a little ok?

She has had dairylea, jam and marmite aside from just butter

She isnt overly keen on jam but will eat it, she seems to love marmite though, cant wait for her to get just that bit bigger so we can try honey :cloud9: my favourite lol

I think if its just the odd piece of toast you'll be ok since its such a tiny amount of spread you'd be using, i cant remember when Brooke first had toast but it was around the 5 month mark

i think bread isnt supposed to be introduced till 6 months

thanks, just googled this and it recommends waiting till 6 months incase of wheat allergies. wasnt aware of this and he's already had a taste of bread, but might put it off for few weeks.

I've been doing soldiers, mid toasted with spread and fruit spread. She loves it, sucks off the fruit spread and then munches the toast! I'll have to try the triangles though.

We love toast and marmite.. and cheesy toast soldiers. I cut crusts off and then into small squares. I found it to be one of the finger foods she managed best with at first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->