Today is Olivias due date and shes back in hospital :(

Olivias_mum

Reaction score
Olivia is back in hospital :( had a pretty bad choking episode last night- required cpr for her to come back round, they have finally diagnosed reflux and are thickening her milk!Shes been stuffy all day, smotty nose, swollen eyes etc so they are monitoring her on the childrens ward, her chest sounds ok atm and her sats are good so hopefully she will be home soon!i got a letter today with an appointment for Olivia at manchester childrens hospital at the NEW's clinic- anyone any idea what that is??!!x

oh nooooooooooooo poop Olivia (and family) hope she is ok, that must have been very scary for you. At least they're finally listening now about the reflux. Im up in Scotland so no experience hun but wanted to send my love and lots of 'get well quick' wishes to Olivia xxxx

Awww so sorry to hear she had such a scary episode, and how frustrating that it took something like that to happen before they act on her reflux issue. At least you will be helped withit now. I hope she is her old self again, and out of hospital soon xxx

Bless her hope she's home soon x

Oh honey, I'm sorry that this had to happen for them to diagnose the problem. It must have been really scarey for you. :hug: for you and :hugs: for Olivia.

I have no idea about the "NEW's" clinic? Andrew's appointments don't really list any clinic, just an appointment with the paediatrician. Does it say what NEW stands for? I'm up at the Childrens Hospital on 19th and 23rd of March, don't suppose you're on the same day!

Oh no poor Olivia and mummy!!!

Really sorry to hear that hun but on the plus they have diagnosed it and are trying to find a solution. Hope it works for her xx

You poor things! How scary and upsetting:cry:.

Big hugs to you all:hugs:

Oh I do hope Olivia is getting better!

Oh honey, I'm sorry that this had to happen for them to diagnose the problem. It must have been really scarey for you. :hug: for you and :hugs: for Olivia.

I have no idea about the "NEW's" clinic? Andrew's appointments don't really list any clinic, just an appointment with the paediatrician. Does it say what NEW stands for? I'm up at the Childrens Hospital on 19th and 23rd of March, don't suppose you're on the same day!

We are there on the 13th april, it doesnt say what NEW is so i have got no idea!It says.. '' An appointment has been made for Olivia Rose to attend Mr Dickson - NEW's clinic'' maybe his name is mr ''dickson-new'' ?? haha if thats what it is im gonna feel like a right dope!

I'm up there tomorrow night for the NICU Parents Group meeting, if my consultant is around then I'll ask her for you!

Reflux is the bitch. We had alex protectile spewing over everything, poor couch!

Hope they get it to calm down. Its horrible!

I am so sorry to read this, reflux is nasty, nasty, nasty! I hope Olivia is on the road to recovery. My LO came home with reflux and she choked on her feeds too. It is a lot for a small baby to cope with.
Eventually you get used to the reflux and then suddenly it just goes away usually when you start weaning, you probably think that is an age away but honestly time passes so quickly.
Big hugs to you both...x

Poor Olivia. Hope they can sort this out once and for all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->