Toddler Development and Behavior

squishmich

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend some really detailed books on toddler (1-3yr) behavior and development? I've reviewed the most basic of parenting books (What to Expect...etc) but found them lacking in what constitutes as normal vs abnormal behavior and development. I'd like to have a better understanding of what my 17 month old daughter is doing and perhaps, why she does what she does (or doesn't do).

If you Google toddler development, and you'll be reading for days, if not weeks and most of the articles I find are short and somewhat unhelpful. So I figured there may be a few really good books out there somewhere.

Thanks for your help!

Toddler Calm is really good. It goes into a lot of detail about toddler brain development and what many people think of as 'naughty' behaviour is very normal and part of this development. It's very illuminating and is very much a gentle parenting approach,

I have to say I'm crap at implementing it though!

I don't know. I found reading online to be pretty helpful. If you have specific concerns, you can narrow down your reading and searches that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->