Toilet Training?

KX

Reaction score
Right my madam is putting up a bit of a fight when it comes to this.

I have to say I am as proud as punch with her speech, its fantastic, counts 1-20, knows alphabet up to k:rofl: and sings most nursery rhymes HOWEVER

she is point blank refusing to learn to go on toilet/potty. I am embarrassed as all the kids at playgroup (18 months +) are toilet trained and cause she is such a tall girl she looks older than her years and it just dont look right her still being in a nappy. Plus one wee wee and her nappy is sodden!

I have bout potty's galore, Disney Princess padded toilet seat, training pants the lot, to no avail.

Anything anyone can recommend that worked? tactics?

:hugs:

dont fret hun!!! chloe is nowhere near ready either!

i agree she prob just not ready, Jack has only just started really showing an interest, the guidlines say about 2 1/2
just give it time hun and leave her potty out so its there if she wants it and use pullups if not already i let jack wander around 1/2 naked LOL

:hissy: I thought they are supposed to be trained by 2?:wacko: she is ready she is just an obstinate little madam who knows she is able to control this situation and there is nothing mummy or daddy can do:rofl:

She tells us when she has wee'd or poo'ed in her nappy, and says clean nappy, so she knows.

Can you tell Im angry typing this as she is winding me up at the moment :rofl: but i luv her to bits (preferably in bits sometimes)

xx

with my two it was a case of when they are ready it just happens but if they are not ready you are wasting your time....my son was 3 and my little girl 18 months...It was hard work with my son I gave up in the end & he just decided 1 day no more nappies at the time we were on hols in Tunisia & he wouldnt go near the water cos he didnt want to get his pants (swimming trunks) wet :rofl::rofl:

KX - Ella's on started showing more of an interest in the potty the past week or so. We've just started potty training. I feel under pressure (not from online friends) to get her trained, and seeing the daughter of a snobby cow I know at a play place on NYE and seeing she was peeing on the toilet was the last straw!! Thankfully though she's started weeing and pooing on her potty loads this week, but we're still having accidents.

See this pisses me off! The 'oh my DD has been potty trained since 9 months ans she walked at 6 months'
K, she maybe isnt ready yet, please dont worry hun, she sounds like she is way ahead with her other skills (she is amazing to be counting and know alphabet!) and I think about 2 and a half is the average age any way.

It's so easy to get caught up in the "by this age, your baby should be..." isnt it? I always worry im doing things wrong and making Bethanie progess more slowly.

I wouldn't worry too much yet, shes not even two yet! - I think a lot of little ones will show an interest only when they are ready, something just clicks and they "get it" and pick it up really quick.....Having said that, Ky took to using the pot after Paul had a wee in it to show him....It was really funny, Paul was on his knees peeing in Ky's pot saying "Rach, quick, get me something else, I'm gonna fill the pot!"....and then Ky gave him a big clap and a "Yeaaaaaaaah" when Paul finished lol!
-If Kys naked, he ALWAYS goes on the pot, wee or poo without me ever asking him if he needs the pot. But once he is dressed, I have to ask him constantly, else he just goes. Being dressed really confuses him, so he spends a lot of time as "Naked Kid".

she is still young hun and may not be ready just yet, dont feel pressured to have her potty trained by a certain age...at the end of the day she will let you know when she is ready...if you try too soon you will have a tough time and will probably be unsucessful!

funny just as I was reading this post Ella has just asked Dave to take her upstairs to her potty...she's sat on it as we speak but I doubt she will do anything....she sometimes says she needs it then sits there for ages and doesnt do anything...we have only had 2 wee's on the potty so far...oh and a half when she didnt get there in time lol.

god readin all these i feel chloe is so behin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->