told family at ten weeks pregnant, now worried

Misssmith23

Reaction score
So as it says above ive told both sets of parents, siblings and few close friends. Im almost ten weeks and have strong waves of symptoms (sore breast, feeling sick, very VERY tired) no pain cramping or bleeding but scared to death of something being wrong at scan.. wish id of kept it quiet now....doh!!!! anyone else feeling this way???

My DH wants to tell his father on thanksgiving that we are pregnant, I will be only 7 1/2 weeks pregnant, and that makes me nervous. We have a scan a week before to see the heartbeat, but I am still so scared.

We said wed wait untill the scan too but my DH couldnt help himself lol thanksgiving will be a lovely day to share the news. At least you will see baby before aswel. good luck with what you decide :)
Xxx

I feel scared every time I tell someone new! it's just bubbled out of me sometimes but then I regret it! but really if u would need their support if things did go wrong, then why not share the happiness now? xxxx

Absolutly no way!

I told my family at 4 weeks. I had some spotting around 4 weeks and a scan at 5+6 showed 2 sacs. I'm now bleeding, 3 incidents of gush of blood. Something is quite possibly wrong. But my family are there for me what ever the outcome of my pregnancy.

I understand why you might not want to tell some people, but when you have a miscarriage its actually great to have people already know your pregnant so you have the support there when you need it.

I told people at about 5 weeks, and i mean everyone. I think if something bad is going to happen it will happen regardless of if you tell people or not and if people know then they can help you through such an awful time. Xx

I told people at about 5 weeks, and i mean everyone. I think if something bad is going to happen it will happen regardless of if you tell people or not and if people know then they can help you through such an awful time. Xx

I never thought of this perspective on it... I like it! It'll make me feel a little less nervous about spilling the beans when I decide to, whether or not it's before second tri. Thanks!

i've just defriended someone on facebook because of this, she thinks i'm some special kinda stupid for revealing the pregnancy before the 12w scan (her own insecurities projected onto me).

i'm of the opinion that i would rather have friends and family know about my pregnancy specifically BECAUSE if things should go wrong, i will need their love, understanding and support. some people think that it's not good to have people "all up in your business" and that it's too private a thing to advertise, and i respect their opinions (as i hope they would respect mine). however, that won't work for us, so we chose to reveal just before 8w.

it is an intensely personal choice, but whether you tell or not has no bearing on the longevity of your pregnancy, nor its viability, nor the sex of your baby. it's normal to feel scared. i'll be scared about this pregnancy until i give birth, and then i'll be scared for my newest baby until the day i die.

<3

I think every individual has their reasons for either spilling the beans or waiting. I also believe that everybody grieves differently, and if you have been through an MC before you may want to be surrounded by support, or you may want to grieve more privately. In my previous pregnancy that I lost it 5w 1 d I had so many women I work with supporting me but I also work with over 100 women, and there is always that few that say the wrong things. I had some telling me that it will happen next time, and not to worry or stress, while others were asking what was wrong with me to make me have a MC. REALLLY!!!! It difficult. My DH announced on facebook as soon as we got back that bfp that we were expecting, so to have to go back and announce that we lost that little one was hard. It made it harder for me, almost reliving the hurt. My DH also does not get along with a few of his family members because of their lifestyle choices and they used it as ammo against us. Im not saying any of this to make you worried, or to make you not tell. I just want you to know exactly what you could deal with in the unlikely event that anything occurred. I agreed with my DH that we could tell his dad on thanksgiving as long as we saw the heartbeat. The scan is at 6 wks 2 days, and apparently I implanted early so I may have a due date that is a few days sooner than predicted so we should be able to see it by then. At least I wont have to hide my bloat as much lol.

DH and I spilled the beans to our parents, siblings and a few friends around 8 weeks (after our scan). I am constantly worried about "what ifs". But I know I will need those few people who know to get me through it. The rest of our families will know at Thanksgiving (13 weeks) after we hear the heart beat November 21.

We've booked a scan at 8 weeks and if all is well we'll tell family... We'll tell friends at Christmas (12 weeks) OH has to go away on business for a week and wants my parents to know so they will help out (and not think I'm being a lazy so and so) because I am pretty exhausted...

I agree it's a personal choice, my little brother and his wife had a miscarriage earlier this year after they'd told us all - and now he swears they will wait until 12 weeks next time... But it changed my mind a little bit because it meant we were all sensitive and supportive about it. Obviously that's more of a gamble when the whole world knows xx

I feel the exact same way as you. I'm almost 10 weeks as well...and have told close family, friends, and now I regret it. I have my 1st scan in a week...and I'm so worried now. This is baby#3 for me, and I feel just as nervous with this baby as I did with my 1st. arggg!

We told our parents and siblings when we found out and we told everyone else after the 8 week scan. My best friend actually made fun of me for not being able to hold it till 12 weeks, like everyone seems to do in Greece, but a) We do not live in Greece any more and b) We feel that if something goes wrong, we would need the support. My other best friend actually said that she would prefer not to know until I was 12 weeks, so if something happened she wouldn't have to know and be sorry about it. It sounds awful, but she actually realized it was a nasty and selfish thing to say and she apologized. I think that if people share the joys, they should share the grief as well. That said, I haven't been through a mc, so I don't have such an experience.
Plus, even after we had our 11 week scan, you can never be sure about anything. You can only hope for the best outcome and do your best to protect your body and baby :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->