tomatoes--would you wait?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
so we were thinking of introducing Hannah to some pastas and tomato based sauces (home made of course ;)) next month. But I had an allergy to tomatoes as a baby/young child (eventually outgrew out). Anyways would you wait on the introduction of it or not? So far Hannah's shown absolutely no food allergies, and she's tried quite a lot of things

Hmmmm...I would maybe wait till 12months but then again soooooooo many baby foods etc contain tomato I'd be surprised if she's not already had something with a little tomato in it (unless you've made it all yourself and know exactly what she's had).

You may be best speaking to your Dr about this, I think babies can have intolerances to tomatoes sometimes but not usually true allergies (as you don't grow out of a true food allergy).

Does this link help babe???

https://www.foodreactions.org/intolerance/index.html

Good luck babe, decisions, decisions eh:muaha:

i personally think that children get allegies because they are not introduced to things early enough, for eg............ kids that arent introduced to pets dogs/cats ect tend to get the allergy of them! was your allergy bad??? i would just try her! xxx

I'd just try her too, after all there is only a chance that she has inherited your allergy. And if you outgrew it it was probably quite mild (?) so even if she did have a reaction it shouldn't be too serious. Being able to have tomatoes opens up a world of sauces and stuff so if she wasn't allergic, it'd be so useful for you! Alasdair has had them, he was fine.

I'd just try her too, after all there is only a chance that she has inherited your allergy. And if you outgrew it it was probably quite mild (?) so even if she did have a reaction it shouldn't be too serious. Being able to have tomatoes opens up a world of sauces and stuff so if she wasn't allergic, it'd be so useful for you! Alasdair has had them, he was fine.

Thanks! Think we'll go ahead and give it a try in a few weeks (big shop next week so I'll go buy some)

i've never had an allergy so it's not quite the same, but I do use tinned tomatoes in my cooking for Ted. He has had chicken casserole and a pork and rice reipe which both contained tomatoes and he's been fine. He was really fussy for a while, but now I can give him foods containing all sorts opf veges if there are tomatoes in it too. I guess he likes the sweetness.
The recipes (the same food as OH & I eat, I just dont add salt) also contained onion and garlic - he much prefers food when it has flavour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->