Tommee Tippee Electric Sterlizier

Cee108

Reaction score
Does anyone have it? I've ordered one from Mothercare on the Baby Plan because I wanted to reserve but not commit just yet. The reviews online oscillate between 5 stars and 1 star. The 1 star reviews all say that the top became loose because it was plastic and the heat from the sterilizer permanently damaged it. But others reported no such problem.

https://www.tommeetippee.co.uk/file_store/en/products/variant/255/img.jpg

I'd be grateful if your ladies/gentlemen could share your experience with it. I'd rather pay £15 extra at Mothercare and just buy the Phillips 3-in-1 instead if the Tommee Tippee one is really not worth it. I really don't WANT to have to spend the extra money, but if it really is rubbish, I don't want to throw the £23 I've paid down the drain too.

https://images.philips.com/is/image/PhilipsConsumer/SCF285_01-GAL-global?$jpglarge$&wid=340&hei=340

Thanks!

IMO the tommee tippee one is shoddy, in comparison to my avent one I had with my first it really isnt a patch.

The lid dosent fit properly, there is always lots of water left in the bottom making me question if it has actually sterilised the bottles properly.

Mine has been in use for 11 weeks and it broke last night, just gave up completely, the light went at first yesterday part way through the cycle and it just stopped, if you pressed the button in the light would come on if you held the button it in would start to work but no soon as you took your finger off the button it stopped, about another 2 attempts of pushing the button in after that it just wouldnt work at all.

I was majorly peeved!!

I really wouldnt recommend it. I had an avent one last time and I cant rate it high enough compared to the tommee tippee rubbish one.

x

IMO the tommee tippee one is shoddy, in comparison to my avent one I had with my first it really isnt a patch.

The lid dosent fit properly, there is always lots of water left in the bottom making me question if it has actually sterilised the bottles properly.

Mine has been in use for 11 weeks and it broke last night, just gave up completely, the light went at first yesterday part way through the cycle and it just stopped, if you pressed the button in the light would come on if you held the button it in would start to work but no soon as you took your finger off the button it stopped, about another 2 attempts of pushing the button in after that it just wouldnt work at all.

I was majorly peeved!!

I really wouldnt recommend it. I had an avent one last time and I cant rate it high enough compared to the tommee tippee rubbish one.

x

Snap i bought the tt one 6 mths ago and i hate it! For my 1st 2 children 16 years ago i had the avent one which was fab and went through quite a few of our family babies before giving up. My husband bought us the tt one but it is pants!!! Even the bottles were pants and we didnt use them so overall it was a very costly mistake, give me a bucket and some milton soloution anyday over the tt steam sterliser. I would go for Avent if i were to buy again with the extra durable bottles as they last for ages and wash well in the dishwasher:blush:

Thank you, Stef and Peanut08! That definitely tips the scales for me - Phillips Avent, it is!

I have always looked at Tommee Tippee to be such a reputable brand that I didn't even check the reviews before reserving it.... my Mom used all their stuff for me when I was a toddler .... wayyyy through to when my youngest sibling was born 13 years ago so I've witnessed its durability first-hand! But while checking for price comparisons, I came across all the reviews which said the same thing over and over about durability, dependability etc so I thought I'd ask if anyone has a personal experience with it. I'm agog :wacko:

Thanks for sharing your experiences!

xx

i've got the tommee tippee one and had no problems at all

The light stopped working in my Tt sterliser after a few months. At the time there was a thread in baby club of mums complaining the sterilisers were faulty. Some mums got new models / refunds etc. try a bnb search for the thread.

https://www.babyandbump.com/formula...ippee-electric-steam-steriliser-faults-6.html

Found this link to an old thread

i had both..
avent at my mums, and Tommee tippee at mine, and i was at both places equally (as i couldn't bare completely moving out at the time!), so i'd say they both got an equal amount of use!
both were used according to instructions - as i'm a really fussy person about these things..

the avent one cost more, and broke on me, so i was absolutely devestated, you also couldn't fit any other bottles in it easily..
at first the light stopped working, and then, it just wouldn't do anything.. i took it back and it was replaced, and the same thing happened again!! - the first time i thought it might have been because i'd given it a clean as the bottom was a bit limescaley.. but i did the same with the tomee tippee one!

The tommee tipee one was great for me.. you could use it with all types of bottles (as tomee tipee ones are wider - although tall ones you have to remove the higher stand!), it was easy to clean.. and you could see it was steralising because there was clearly steam all over the steraliser and bottles! - very powerful

18 months on, and i'm going to be using the same tomee tippee one, and the avent one is long gone..
but with avent bottles (but that's only because i prefer the shape of them, and last time, we found it difficult to retrain my daughter to use the "normal" teets, and we wanted to buy cheap ones as she kept biting into the teet)..

to be honest though, i'd say any electircal item you might be unlucky enough to get a fault with.. mothercare are pretty good at taking theirs back!!

i have TT & i say its absolutely FAB!!

Mine worked fine for the first 6 months and then it would only work for 2.30 minutes and would stop. Thrown it in the bin now. It wouldn't stop me getting another though as it did work fine to start with and you don't use them for that long anyway.

I don't trust anything from Tommee Tippee.

Tattie has the older type of TT one which has done brilliantly ... I bought it on ebay for a song and it's now on it's 2nd baby with Tattie (was at a Grandmas house before that and from new) :happydance:

I have an Avent one (which I also bought for virtually nothing on ebay) and that too has been a great buy ... used often and still going strong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->