Tongue Cleaning

babymello

My Pretty Mama
Reaction score
Is their any liquid solution to clean my baby's tongue?

I keep hearing many different things on how to clean her tongue.

Example:

Take a clean damp cloth and wipe.
or
Use Honey

My sister said there's a liquid solution on the market

I can't remember the name of it right now but is starts with the letter "G"
I think "Glistor" something.

Any recommendations.

Mello

oooh i dunno.... but would like to know the responses!!

Sometimes my LO's mouth smells so sicky etc... it cant be very nice for her!!

oooh i dunno.... but would like to know the responses!!

Sometimes my LO's mouth smells so sicky etc... it cant be very nice for her!!

Foreal....lol

& their tongue be all white from the milk too.

Mello

I've never heard of this before, is it glycerine you mean? I wouldn't use honey as not recommended until 1 year old. Following from website: ''Honey occasionally contains bacteria that can produce toxins in babies' intestines. This can cause a very serious illness called infant botulism.''
Just in case!

I've never heard of this before, is it glycerine you mean? I wouldn't use honey as not recommended until 1 year old. Following from website: ''Honey occasionally contains bacteria that can produce toxins in babies' intestines. This can cause a very serious illness called infant botulism.''
Just in case!

Yes, that it!

"glycerine"

I knew it started with a "G"

Anyway, I need to get some of that stuff.

Thanks,
Mello

Just in case!

The honey thing,

My mother-in-law told me this.

She's old school, what can I say. lol

Mello

You dont need to clean a baby's tongue, the tongue is self cleansing. As long as it is just milk lying on her tongue then you dont need to worry. xx

I have baby tongue wipes in apple flavor.I clean his tongue once a week and he loves the wipe.Keeps trying to suck it.My sister didnt clean her baby's tongue and he got mouth sores.It needs to be done once in a while I think.The nurse also recommended glycerine and an earbud to clean lightly.

I have baby tongue wipes in apple flavor.I clean his tongue once a week and he loves the wipe.Keeps trying to suck it.My sister didnt clean her baby's tongue and he got mouth sores.It needs to be done once in a while I think.The nurse also recommended glycerine and an earbud to clean lightly.

Tongue wipes.. I need to get them.

Thanks,

Mello

I havent seen baby tongue wipes anywhere - what brand are they/where can you buy them?

I have never cleaned Dan or Dec's tongue, those wipes sound good, but the dentist I worked with cracked up with a lady who cleaned her baby's tongue he said it could damage the baby's taste buds, I dont know all he said was that the tongue is self cleansing and you should not intervene with the natural process, even adults shouldnt clean their tongue all the time.

I have never cleaned Dan or Dec's tongue, those wipes sound good, but the dentist I worked with cracked up with a lady who cleaned her baby's tongue he said it could damage the baby's taste buds, I dont know all he said was that the tongue is self cleansing and you should not intervene with the natural process, even adults shouldnt clean their tongue all the time.

I would agree with this, i wouldn't have thought you would need to clean a babies tongue, sounds odd to me, but each to their own. I haven't even used any products on my LO yet, the only thing to touch her skin so far is water!
Maybe i'm too far the other extreme.... :dohh:

This is a new one to me!!!

This thread got me worried that I was doing something wrong! I hadn't even thought of cleaning Sam's tongue! Why do you need to clean it? x

Just in case!

Yes, absolutely do not give her honey.. Honey contains endospores (which are really hard to get rid of, even boiling something doesn't kill endospores). Endospores are the things that usually carry the bacteria, and the toxins that get into the babies intestines will basically paralise (sp?) them.

I would probably agree with sabby, although the wipes sound interesting, I wouldn't have thought you would need to clean LO's tongue. I am going to start cleaning Coltons teeth though, now that he has so many!

Never heard of this one before!
Can honestly say i have never cleaned Ewans tongue, and i wouldnt want to use wipes on it, you never know what are in those things.
If absolutley needed i would use a smidge of baby toothpaste and a corner of a flannel.
Wont be rushing to do it with this baby either.
Hardly ever clean my own tongue as it seems to clean its self fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->