Too early for symptoms!?

daisyoung

Reaction score
Okay, so I am 20 years old, and I have been on birth control for about 5 years (the same dosage, same type, same everything) I have never missed a pill, however, on December 28 (16 days ago) I began antibiotics to treat strep throat. COMPLETELY FORGETTING THAT IT CANCELS OUT BIRTH CONTROL. So, my boyfriend and I had sex, unprotected, literally every day I was on it, and then the following days. Now, about 4 days ago, I began feeling just completely exhausted. Normally, if I would nap during the day, sleep wouldn't come easy at nightfall. But now, I can take a good 4 hour nap, and by 10 I'm passing out again. Also, my eating has been outrageous. I've always had quite the appetite, but I would get to a point where I would have to stop, and after 9 p.m. I wouldn't even think about food. I've been waking up at 2 in the morning for a feast. Not to mention, that hasn't really nudged at my normal IBS, I'm not constipated, but I'm not going as often.
The biggest clincher is my breast pain. Sometimes it doesn't exist, and in one foul swoop I'm out of air, it hurts so bad. If I turn on my stomach in my sleep, it wakes me up. I've been okay wearing a bra, today it was not acceptable, haha, so I'm just letting them relax.

I've read that these symptoms can appear as early as a week after conception, and it's been a little over 2 weeks. I took a pregnancy test last night, and it was negative, but I also read its hard to get a positive reading before 5 weeks.

***Note, I do not have a period due to my birth control. So advice telling me to wait until my missed period is silly because I don't have them.

But if these aren't pregnancy symptoms I have virtually no idea what could be happening. :wacko:
heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Everyone is different so you're going to get a lot of different views and opinions when it comes to how early is too early to feel pregnancy symptoms. I tend to find out early, like 3 weeks pregnant, and along with my positive HPT is pregnancy symptoms. Granted, they aren't very strong but they're definitely noticable. Also, you can get a positive reading as early as 3-4 weeks but again, that depends on when the egg implanted. Usually implantation occurs between 6 to 12 days past ovulation, but that can vary. I had implantation bleeding at 5dpo in my last pregnancy. I'm 3dpo today and I have brown discharge, which could be nothing, but it could be something too. You may have tested too soon so your best bet is to test again in a week. Good luck.

Yeah it's hard for me to tell because, well, I've never been pregnant, so I don't know what my body normally does. But I do know I've never had breast pains like I do, and I'm so tired as if I have the flu or something (which I went to the doctor and got a test to be sure so I could cut that idea out) but I'm completely healthy.

I'm just anxious to know so that I can quit smoking and get medical attention, I am RH negative, meaning my blood type can attack a fetus before it even has a chance unless I get a series of shots. Idk if I can handle a miscarriage!

Yeah it's hard for me to tell because, well, I've never been pregnant, so I don't know what my body normally does. But I do know I've never had breast pains like I do, and I'm so tired as if I have the flu or something (which I went to the doctor and got a test to be sure so I could cut that idea out) but I'm completely healthy.

I'm just anxious to know so that I can quit smoking and get medical attention, I am RH negative, meaning my blood type can attack a fetus before it even has a chance unless I get a series of shots. Idk if I can handle a miscarriage!

I know how you feel. I too am RH negative and in my last pregnancy my son was born with a lot of issues and had to be hospitalized because of our bloods not mixing well together while I was carrying him.

It does sound like you could be pregnant. Do you think maybe you can have your doctor do a blood test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->