Too far out there or nice? Opinions needed.

JessesGirl29

Reaction score
I am far from being set on names yet but OH and I came across one girl name we instantly loved and I'd just like some honest opinions about whether people think it's too fat out there or a good name.

The name: Vala (the name meaning given was Chosen One)

What do you guys think??

Lol, that's the name of our local pumpkin patch!

https://www.valaspumpkinpatch.com

I've never heard it before and it's quite unusual but if you both instantly loved it then I'd say go for it! My DH is so fussy about names so the second we find one we both instantly love we go for it regardless of what others might think or how unusual. We like old fashioned traditional names so not really that unusual but DH hairdresser did tell him the other day she didn't like DS name (our son is called Freddie) so there will always be people who say they don't like it I guess :haha:
Not sure if this will make sense but how would you pronounce it? Is it Vala or Vah-la? Or some other way?!
Like I said not our sort of name but I do think it's pretty and if you both love it that's the most important thing :flower:

I don't think it's too weird or out there at all. But I'm not sure how it's pronounced - I can think of three different ways it could be said.

I should have said, we've been pronouncing it Vah-la.

We just both keep coming back to it. The opinions are really appreciated. I know it's not the everyday run of the mill name but I like to think it's not too too far out there.

I don't think it's too 'out there' to be honest! I like it! :)

It reminds me of when a magician completes a trick and presents it...like vwah-la or the french word Voila.

However, I think the important point is that you and your hubby fell for the name instantly...that might be something to consider over how it would be received.

I'm going to completely go against the trend of opinions on this thread and say I think it does sound 'out there'. I consider any name which I have never heard before as 'out there'. Just my opinion though :)

I would personally pronounce it Vay-la, which I like the sounds of much more than Vah-la. I don't think it's too "out there" at all, just not a name I would use. If you and DH both agree instantly on it - That should be all that counts!!

Well ladies, found out yesterday I'm Team :blue:

So no need to worry about this name anymore :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"