• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too late to switch to cloth diapers?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Been thinking of potty training lately, but not sure it would be a good idea. Though I am sick of diapers, every single one of the brands I tried have a problem with them, they either leak or give Josh diaper rash.

What should I know ? and is it too late?

I don't think it's too late, I don't think I would go invest a bunch in it, I think I would get a basic stash and then some cloth trainers

I don't think it's too late, I don't think I would go invest a bunch in it, I think I would get a basic stash and then some cloth trainers

Thanks, how much of an investment would that be? And... I'm wondering about all the washing etc, is it much harder? thanks hun.

Hmmm I guess it really depends on what you want to go with, prefolds and wraps are your cheapest option BUT you have to change really often, especially with a toddler and it can be hard to get a good fit (unless you just fold and lay in the wrap) with a wiggly toddler. If I were you I'd get a bunch of pockets which for good ones range from about $17-25 each. But if you buy in bulk, like larger amounts at once they will give a discount. I think you could do with a dozen if you wanted to wash every other day, but I really think I'd go for 2 dozen to be sure you have enough. Probably a few hundred dollars. You can get 12 Fuzzi Bunz for $203. You could always mix and do those with a dozen of prefolds too, and use both, a dozen prefolds would only be about $25 give or take a few dollars depending on the size.

The washing really isn't too bad, depending on how many you have it can add an extra 2-4 loads a week, but still not bad. I just keep mine in a trash can with a pail liner, toss them in, then dump into the washer, do a cold rinse then a hot wash with detergent then another cold rinse then dry

I would go for it. Most CB babies also tend to potty train earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->