Too many middle names?

Breeelizabeth

Reaction score
I love using family names for middle names. My DD is Charlotte Alexis (Alexis is my mum's name.) I was a single mum when I had her so the name choice was entirely up to me.

This time around OH will get some say in names (providing he picks up his game and gives me decent suggestions LOL!) if we stick with the family name for middle names rule then it will have three middle names as we can't decide on just one. We feel like it's a boy so his middle names will be Gordon Craig Ignaz or Ignatius after OH's grandfather, my dad and my stepdad.

Is three middle names too many?

I would just hyphenate them!!! My son is Nathaniel Owen Lee ______ and i WISH i had hyphenated his name because everyone just knows Nathaniel Owen and skips over Lee! :growlmad: Owen is after my moms dad and Lee is after my dad.

Personally three is a lot but don't let that stop you.

My main concern would be that people usually drop off any more than one middle name so they'll never get used and it could cause problems getting passports and documents as there won't be enough room for all the names.

It is nice to remember people though, my lg has my granny's name as her middle name.

I think it's too many. I'm not a fan of multiple middle names anyway though. Why not use one for first name?

I wouldn't go with three personally, especially as your dd only has one. That would bug me, but that's just me :shrugg:

If you like it do it, your opinion is all that matters but like others have said, people will probably up dropping the second and third. Also filling in forms may be a nightmare. I have a fairly long middle and surname (9 letters/10 letters) and I very often find there isn't enough space even for that.

I think it's a lot and would be difficult for documents etc.

Dd4 has 3 middle names and I do regret it. They are all after family so I kind of felt like we couldn't leave one out. Like others have said the second and third do get dropped but then tbh I'm glad as it would just be too much.
I do hate how my other 4 have the one middle name and she has the three, it just seems odd iykwim? :)

I don't think there's any problem with it. I have two middle names and if there isn't enough room on a form to put both of them then I just put the first one. How often are you really filling out forms anyways?!? My passport doesn't even have my middle names on it anyways, just my first and last name.

My Dah tried to do that with our DD and I just put my foot down. I don't ever want her tofeel we've been silly and burdened her when she has to fill out legal paperwork, which is often enough in life. She has 1 middle name, DH got to pick it but it won't be a pain for her and she won't want to legally change her name like DH's sisters did when their mom gave them 3-4 middle names. Colleen, Tracey, Mary, Isla Kirk. She's now Tracy Kirk. All the mothers and grandmothers got to rest in peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->