Too much xmas tipple???

coccyx

Reaction score
Had a letter from girls primary school, ' Could girls please wear socks on pe day as obviously tights are a health and safety issue'?????? I could not stop laughing, am I missing the obvious? They mean outside pe not indoor work. I really think the world has gone mad

A health and safety issue????? Why???

Am I missing something?????:dohh:

What a bizarre letter! Lol!

Schools are getting ridiculous these days... a school near me has banned children bringing in homemade mince pies for the xmas fair for 'health & safety' reasons! :wacko:

I'm still trying to figure out your letter coccyx...

Well that is bizarre!!!
maybe falling over taking them off? or the trainers without socks issue, we all know what a minefield that can be LOL :D

we had to wear black shoes to school, this was also for ' health and safety reasons' so u heard it from the schools, if your childs feeling a little unwell pop on a pair of black shoes and watch out for those tights!

i had a similar rule, it wasn't so much safety it was the health aspect, the idea that tights are generally made of man made material and if you are running around getting sweaty wearing them, then don't change the sweat can build up and cause bacterial infections all rather nasty and tbh i think i spent the vast majority of the times i could take part in PE with my tights on and socks over them lol

Hmmm weird, some schools have strange rules lol. Alot of schools here have gone peanut free, no one can bring any nuts or peanut butter sandwiches. And then also some have rules against homemade food, like we can bring treats on their birthdays or for holiday parties, but I guess they think homemade you might poison all the kids..including yours??? I don't get it lol. Luckily ours isn't like that but a friend of mine, her daughters school is

At our primary school we are also asked not to wear tights on pe days - I thought it was more to do with tights being a bit more difficult to get changed in to /out of and takes longer to get changed, especially for the younger girls? Never thought there would be a health and safety issue?

Who wears tights at outdoor sport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"