Took my husband to look at baby stuff today

eris

Reaction score
He freaked out a little at everything we need and then he freaked out even more at the prices. hahah

I want to start buying stuff now, but he wants to wait because we have MONTHS AND MONTHS. He's such a man.

Anyone else buying stuff now?

We held back until our 12week scan.. Then went a little mad!

Haha!!

We are into number two now and have everything from Isabella which is kinder on the old bank balance!!

All good fun though!!

Lots and lots of looking!!! But no buying yet! Although I did buy ONE little picture for the wall in the baby room, but it could go elsewhere in the house too-it's not really super "baby-ish" :)

I can't wait to start shopping, especially when we find out the gender!!!

My OH tags along to look at baby stuff but doesnt seem to have too much interest yet, I think he will after everything is cleared in the second tri :) I am super excited and want to buy stuff now but hes right, we should wait lol. Oh and he seems a little freaked at how much stuff we need /prices too lol

I won't be needing much this time around but with my DS i just did the shopping myself unless i needed him. It was easier to keep him out, he preferred it that way. I just enjoyed the experience, even now he doesn't trust himself to buy anything except toys.

My OH wanted to start looking at stuff when we started trying, then he saw the prices and was all, "This stuff is expensive!!!!" We have bought a few small things here and there and the further along I get the more stuff we will get :)

I'm the one out of us two that is fine to wait, my OH is keen but it's his first and my 3rd so that might be why?

I wont be until i know what is going on with my bean, but unfortunately we thought we where done at 2, long before deciding to try for 3 this year. So sold/gave away all our baby things yonks ago(except some clothes) so back to square one LOL :Doh:

Although my OH didn't need much persuading at all for baby number 2, one of the things he likes the best was the fact we don't actually need anything, unless it's a boy, then clothes.

I'm still debating on if I need a double buggy, we'll have to see closer to the time as I'm using ours less and less at the moment, but then it's winter and we're taking the car everywhere so who knows :shrug:

I didn't buy a thing until 24 weeks with my first. And now I'm pg with no4 I know babies don't really need that much stuff at all :winkwink:

I don´t plan on buying anything as DD is 22 months old. If this one is a boy then a few more clothes.

I want to wait until I find out the sex of the baby before starting to shop... it's so tempting though! :p

Just going to wait til 30+ weeks I reckon. But my boy has just turned two so I have lots of stuff left over from his baby days, I don't think I need much at all. Probably just buy a few clothes and a caboo/moby stretchy. I've got a crib and my boy is in a cot bed at the moment so when baby is 7 months ish I'll get my son a single bed and baby can go in his cot bed. Simples.

Part of the reason why I wanted 2 close in age so I don't have to store all the things we have or buy them all again! I started buying at about 10 weeks last time, I probably wont buy anything this time until we go for a private gender scan at 16+3.

Being my first, I'm a little torn to buy or not to buy! We've decided to go team yellow and wait til bub is born.. & I'm not terribly keen on buying yellow/green/white :wacko:

But I guess I have months & months to decide/buy. I have a feeling this is going to be one SPOILT baby though, first grandchild on my side & 2nd on OH's :winkwink:

Being my first, I'm a little torn to buy or not to buy! We've decided to go team yellow and wait til bub is born.. & I'm not terribly keen on buying yellow/green/white :wacko:

But I guess I have months & months to decide/buy. I have a feeling this is going to be one SPOILT baby though, first grandchild on my side & 2nd on OH's :winkwink:

We want to wait to know the gender too but like you, I am not fond of yellows greens and whites! I wish there were more options! Oh well

We have nothing... So its all coming knew... After 20 weeks we will start making arrangements to buy! OH nearly cried when I told him I wanted a near £1000 pram!
We are staying team yellow too (well at the moment) so it will be whites, creams, and lemons.. Xx

I want to know the gender too so I can start buying gender specific stuff.

My girls are both teens so this is basically starting all over again for me and this will be his first. I want to just start buying, but I will wait at least for the bigger items until after reaching the second trimester. I'll admit I did buy a little teddy bear rattle with a blankie attached from Target. haha

I'll start after my scan this week I think, just bits here and there. Although I have already earmarked which mei tei and wrap i want haha.

I did actually order a pair of dungarees and babywearing booties unisex off some lovely handmade ladies thinking about it.

There are loads of gender neutral colours! Brown, orange, rainbow, red! I hate how everything in the shops is pink and blue not keen on either of those colours tbh lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->