Tooth Problem

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
My daughter, Mady, is 6 and is having an issue with one of her teeth.

A month (or possibly more...) ago she told me that she had a couple of loose teeth. I didn't think much of it; it's nothing we haven't done before and I expected her to tell me that it had fallen out within a few weeks. *As an added note, I think this tooth first became wiggly before Thanksgiving but I can't remember for sure because with all the holidays, everything is just a giant blur*

Shortly after she told me it was loose, I noticed that it was sticking out of her mouth at an angle. I wasn't worried because I figure that it was just getting really loose and hanging on in a weird way, if that makes sense.

I really looked at her tooth over the last couple days and it's not very wiggly and now the adult tooth is already halfway grown in. It appears like the tooth started growing in and pushed the baby tooth up and forward. It almost looks like the baby tooth is embedded in the gum right above where her adult tooth is growing in. And the baby tooth is still sticking out of her mouth at a weird angle.

I did ask her doctor about it today when we went in, but he didn't have much advice because he's not a dentist. He told me that if it still hasn't fallen out after a week, then to take her to the dentist.

Has anyone ever run into anything like this before? What ended up happening? I'm very worried about doing permanent damage to her gums and I feel like such a terrible mommy for not taking care of this earlier. :cry:

Just take her to the dentist. I wouldn't worry about the gum it will grow back anyway.

I agree I would take her straight to the dentist. I don't know how I'm going to cope when my LO's teeth start falling out, wobbly teeth freak me out

My friends little boy had this. His two bottom teeth were wobbly but weren't falling out. Both big teeth started to grow in behind them and her son was in pain because of it. She took him to the dentist a few times who said they would leave it and see if the baby teeth fell out on their own. I think it took a couple of weeks (abd another trip to the dentist) but they did eventually fall out. She was told that they really didnt like to pull baby teeth, something along those lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->