Top 12 items for hospital bag

vkj73

Reaction score
It's been a while since we had our DD#1. I think we may have overpacked last time.

This is what I'm thinking for this round:
1. Phones with chargers
2. Comfy clothes that are nursing friendly (I'd love to hear suggestions)
3. Flip Flops
4. Toiletries
5. Towels
6. Pillow
7. Snacks/Coconut water
8. Lip balm
9. Tums (I have pretty major heartburn), mints, hard candies
10. Baby items: Car seat, outfit for going home
11. Birthing necklace (will be made by friends)
12. Calming items: body/room spray, speaker for music

Feel free to share your list, or something I'm forgetting!

It's been a while for me too! Haha but this time I want a Birthing ball as my last hospital didnt habe them and I'm bringing two disposable cameras (so that I can print the pictures for DS1s book. (He wants me to take LOTS of pictures of his baby brother and I'd LOVE to capture their first meet on camera.) Also my digital camera.. I like photos.... haha. And the baby book so I can get his foot and hand prints done at the hospital. I'd like to bring a Red Bull also because I've been craving them this whole time but I figure I can go another few days without one ^.^
Other than that we've got all the same things (I'm not bring a towel though)
Also as for the comfy nursing clothes if your fairly small chested like myself then a nursing tank worked for me when I had DS1 and I plan to bring it again (I got mine from walmart!)

I will be taking

1.) maternity pads
2.) breast pads
3) 3 lots of comfy pjs
4) an outfit to go home in for myself
5) some snacks and bottled water
6) lip balm as gas and air is drying
7) towel
8) toiletries shampoo and conditioner etc
9) phone and phone charger
10) camera
That's probably it for myself

Baby:
1) 6 baby grows
2) 6 vests
3) 20 nappies
4) 2 packs of wipes
5) going home outfit
6) blanket
7) teddy for baby to take photos with
8) bibs and Muslins
9) scratch mits
10) dummies just incase
11) nappy bags
I think that's pretty much it x

I have no idea what to pack beyond an iPad and camera! When I asked my dr at the last appointment, he said they provide everything and don't really recommend people bring stuff with them. I do have pj bottoms that can be thrown away if need be and a few nursing tanks and an outfit to bring LO home in.

We live 45 minutes from the hospital and have a driver because we aren't allowed to drive here, so it isn't just a quick run home!

I have no idea lol. I'm not sure what the hospital provides at this point either, if anything. I guess I'll find out next week bc we have our childbirth class there and they will go over it.

I guess a pair of pjs, shampoo, body wash, something to put my hair up and my slippers.

Baby- car seat and outfit to go home in. Diapers ? Idk If they provide them or not. And formula. We are bottle feeding-- so do I need bottles?

Okay now my head is spinning lol. =|

If anything is forgotten for me or baby I'll send my husband home quick or get a friend to go grab it. We live maybe 2-3 min from the hospital. 5 if we get stuck at the 2 way stop on the busy road.

I have no idea lol. I'm not sure what the hospital provides at this point either, if anything. I guess I'll find out next week bc we have our childbirth class there and they will go over it.

I guess a pair of pjs, shampoo, body wash, something to put my hair up and my slippers.

Baby- car seat and outfit to go home in. Diapers ? Idk If they provide them or not. And formula. We are bottle feeding-- so do I need bottles?

Okay now my head is spinning lol. =|

If anything is forgotten for me or baby I'll send my husband home quick or get a friend to go grab it. We live maybe 2-3 min from the hospital. 5 if we get stuck at the 2 way stop on the busy road.

In the US diapers and formula are provided, along with anything else you might need, pads, witch hazel pads, etc. I'd still ask your Dr or go on a hospital tour incase though.

The bonus for us this time is this is the first time we've had a baby with our own vehicle. That and we're 10 minutes from the hospital. Basically, whatever I don't pack that I need or forget I can send hubby for lol.

But if this hospital experience is like the last I won't be there more then 24 hrs.

In my bag I have

3 nighties
pyjamas
coming home clothes (comfy trousers and loose fitting top)
Socks
bog knickers
maternity pads
breast pads
slippers
Hoody
bobbles
toiletries (moist toilet wipes, shampoo, deodorant, shower gel and flannel)
Energy drinks
energy bars
camera
phone charger
towel

For baby
4 baby grows
4 vests
scratch mittens
hats
blanket
muslins
bibs
snowsuit
teddy
nappies
cotton wool

The MLU I hope to deliver in doesn't supply anything beyond a couple of painkillers immediately after the birth, so I need to take everything with me!
My essentials are:
Paracetamol
Maternity pads
Breast pads
Lansinoh nipple cream
Several pairs of huge, cheap knickers
Mobile phone and charger
Pajamas for me
Snacks and drinks (The MLU do provide plenty of tea and toast, plus hospital food, but I plan to take some nice treats for myself, like chocolate!)

For baby:
Nappies
And few vests and sleepsuits and socks and stuff
The car seat, obviously
Muslins
Cheap baby washcloths! I used these with water for the first nappy changes with DD. They were cheap enough to throw away (6 for £1!) after a meconium poos, and much more effective than cotton wool.

Babies really don't need a lot in the first few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->