Torianha's Story

acdmommy

mother of 4
Reaction score
here it is, a bit choppy and all over the place lol still very shocked, excited, and tired.........
first i will start off by posting a link to the picture i have put on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1344152&l=bd4136f91f&id=1199682866

so at 10:05am on Wednesday April 28th 2010 my doctor put the prostin gel on my cervix and i was 1cm dialated and within 2 hours i was having some mild contractions, they were just enough to show up on the machine and we were sent out to go walking and get things going 'naturally'. i went back at 4:00pm and was checked and i was 3cms and put on an IV for antibiotics for GBS once the anti-biotics were done we were sent out to walk again and was told to go back at 8:00pm for more antibiotics by 7:00pm i was in alot of pain and we went back but were told to go and keep walking so at 8:00pm we went back and i was only 4cms and very frustrated and thinking it was going to be a very very long labour. They gave me some fentanyl for the pain and it did NOTHING! lol that is when they realized that my IV had pooped out of the vein and they had to redo my IV once they did that and the drugs hit i couldnt even talk but it felt so blissful as it took away the pain and i was able to sleep between contractions....here is where it gets kind of blurry.... they moved me into my own delivery room at about 10:00pm and checked me again and i was 6cms and i looked at Mark (my OH) and said only 4 more to go lol. and there was some more pain well LOTS more pain and i think i actually started to moo haha. they checked me 30 minutes later and i was already 9cms, that explains the mooing, and they started to get the stuff ready for delivery and i was begging for more drugs i was almost 10cmz there was what she called a sliver of cervix left and she told me to let my body panic instead of pushing, so at 11:35pm she told me to push... i was excited and scared and was watching between my legs, she was face up and i watched her come out and into the doctors arms
i was told my whole pregnancy that i was having a boy and she was and is most definately a GIRL lol
she was born April 28th 2010 at 11:42 pm, weighing 7lbs 11ozs and so beautiful after what they say was a 6-10 hour labour, i honestly have no clue LOL
she now weighs 7lbs even and is the worlds BEST breastfeeder and really just the best baby ever
My whole family is so in love with her
thanks for reading my very long birth story/ announcment, and congrats to everybody else

She is stunning, congratulations!

She was born on my due date lol

Congrats! She's beautiful! Must have been quite a surprise, did the ultrasound tech tell you it was a boy?

Many congrats on your little princess -she is beautiful!!!

And yeah did the sonographer tell you boy or was it just guesses ?? I am expecting boy and am going to have avery tom-boyish girl if they are wrong lol -I have bought everything blue haha

xx

She was born on my due date lol

Mine too...and it was a full moon, I remember laying in hospital wondering how many people would be going into labour!

Congrats anyway, sounds like you did really well, and that's great about the BF...she's a real cutie :)

Congrats on little Torianha's birth!

thank you everyone, she is and angel, except she isnt gaining weight very well so if she doesnt start gaining one ounce a day she will be put in the hospital :(
yes the sonographer said boy, and i even saw the boy parts haha but the think it was because she had swollen girl parts so it was harder to tell, i had to go and get a sign from the gift shop at the hospital that said 'It's a Girl' because all of her stuff that i had brought to the hospital was blue haha
...and there were 16 births at my hospital i think it was the full moon haha

blimey must have been a nice surprise congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"