Tots bots and liners question...?

OmiOmen

Mum of two
Reaction score
My set of 15 tots bots bamboozles arrived today :)happydance:) and I had not realised that they have attached liners in them! So will I need to add extra liners for everyday use or just at nights?

Also, anyone who has used them how do you rate them?

Are they boosters rather than liners?

Most newborns dont need boosters when theyre really little because they dont produce enough wee.

Reusable Liners are usually fleece to keep the moisture away from babys bottom and so that solid poo (not newborn poo) falls off more easily. If theyre not made from fleece then theyre probably boosters for extra absorbancy

xx

They are the same material as the nappies and fully attached, so it would make sense that they would be boosters. I love my new nappies and it took my ages to pick which ones to buy but the choice of reusables out there does make things hard to get to grips with, or maybe I am just really dense! :haha:

Yep, they are boosters. I don't add anymore during the day but i add a bamboo one at night :) I use fleece liners all the time xxx

fYep they'r boosters. I've just bought some Little Lambs which are v v similar to bamboozles but don't have a booster or liner attached but come with both. They are even fluffier! The fleece liners are so lovely too so if you get on with tots bots then try some little lambs?
Most ppl add a booster at night or use a diff. nappy for night as far as I can tell - one that's more absorbant and doesn't matter if its bulky as it's night time and use a fleece liner at night. I'm so so new to this also so just passing on the bits i've just learnt.

We was going to go for the little lamb one originally since they are similar to tots bots but cheaper but we found a good deal on the tots bots ones on e-bay where someone bought but did not really use them so we got 15 for £48 (not inc. P&P) but I can tell they still need a few more washes since they recommend 10 on the tots bots site and I don't think they had that many. However I do think we will get about 5 little lamb ones too.

So they may be fine as is in the day or with the thinner liners?

It is funny because when people find out what I plan on using they have lots of questions and I have no answers! Lol.

lol i'm the same! My lo was a month early so i'm still getting my bits and pieces and now he's finally a good weight I'm going to get my nappy pail tomorrow and start him on the cloth nappies next week at last! I had some pre loved tots bots too then found out about liners (and hadn't bought any) so had to get those and then found out about the disposable ones and what were boosters for... lol its a minefield isn't it! I prob. don't have nearly enough nappies :)
For newborns you don't really need an extra booster with tots bots unless your LO is a heavy wetter. You know you fold it differently dep. on if LO is a boy or girl!?
For night, I think more when they go though, then you need a booster. My friend had fluffles for night time from tots bots but they dont' do them now - i had hers.

The liners are just to keep the wetness away from his bum and also the poo goes on it so the nappy will stay cleaner! You can hold the liner down the loo and flush on it! So I'd always use a fleece liner.

You do have wraps for the nappies too don't u?! Just thought it was worth asking !

I had no idea about folding them differently for a boy or girl! I really think re-usable nappies are the best option but they do take a lot of reading up on. :wacko: I have picked the wraps I want (about 5 tots bots wraps for the tots bots nappies) but have not got them yet due to my DH getting paid wrong this week so am buying wraps, liners and re-usable wipes next week. Then I want 5-10 different nappies that will have a quicker drying time than the tots bots because I have read that bamboo nappies take forever to dry and I was hoping to only need to do a nappy load every other day.

Cloth nappy tree is a fab place to pick up preloveds they have a classifieds section - otherwise keep your eyes peeled on the cloth swap and sell thread -but you have to be quick :rofl:

I'd really have a good read through the review thread - I've heard only bad stuff bout tots bots wraps!!!!!!! Swaddlebees wraps are good apparently.
Babykind.co.uk has loads of diff nappies and stuff for sale and more importantly has reviews of it all and what it does! Very informative.

I think I will definitely look up reviews about wraps and liners before buying, I know it is silly but I have only read reviews about the nappies so far! It seemed like starting to buy them was so far away and now the time is here.

I have also bid on some Bambino Mio Newborn nappies (12 nappies and 3 wraps) but will not pay very much for them since they will get used for a few weeks at best. I was worried about bulky nappies on newborns but don't want to pay much at all for nappies to fit a 6-11lbs baby considering my husband was 10.1lbs when he was born!

I had no idea about folding them differently for a boy or girl!

There are usually instructions (either with the nappy when you buy them or the maker's website will tell you) but I think the general rule is that if you have a boy, you want more absorbancy towards the front and if a girl, more towards the back. I've found it's not a hard and fast rule though... my little girl always fills up the front of the nappy first - it can be really full at the front and practically dry at the back :dohh: Maybe that'll change when she's moving about more though!

i personally never had a problem with tots bots wraps, im using fleece ones at night at the moment which work really well x

Tots have always been my main wrap too and never had any issues x

Hey, I use Tots Bots bamboozles as my main nappy for LO.
I bought 3 day packs (5 nappies and 1 wrap in each pack) and the wraps are rubbish. However, I've heard good reviews about there fleece wraps.
I manage with 15 nappies doing a wash every 2 days and I don't have a tumble drier. Basically I use 5 a day (approx!) so after 2 days 10 go in the wash, leaving me 5 for the following day whilst the 10 are drying and it cycles like this!
Having said that I did buy myself another pack recently because I saw them on offer!

I use motherease airflow wraps mainly and they are very good :) I also bought a couple of fleece wraps with PUL inner from Tiny Eco which are excellent.

Just a thought, I didn't start using my size 1s until my LO was 8 weeks as they seemed massive on him, so maybe think of getting some terry towels for the first few weeks, most wraps work over these (a cheap short term option til your nappies fit!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->