tots bots or LL

sahara

Me, my OH and DD Nicola
Reaction score
help please :wacko:

which ones bamboo or microfibre,

how trim are they.

just not getting a good fit with alot of the pockets etc.

Temted by the LL but I am right btween sizes. Leo is 15lb so don't really want to buy size one.

Advice on these type of nappies would be fab.

Thanks loads :flower:

Size 1 would be lovely & trim in the LLs - I still use them on Gand get 3-4 hours but I use size 2 overnight which are bulkier. G is about 18-18.5lb
ETA - I know a lot of people do have to move up sooner

I'd pass on the microfibre - I have cotton size 1 which dry indoors on my airer in under a day. My size 2 are bamboo and take 36-48hoyrs without any radiator or sunshine time. I had size 1 totsbots in bamboo too and they took as long to dry. G grw out of those about 6weeks ago (I.e before LLs)

I'd also pass on both LL & TB wraps (TB fleece good at night tho) and go for the (IMO) unbeatable reliability of ME airflo.

I also have 5 preloved cotton size1 LLs (Inc liner & wrap) in good condition (£3 each Inc p&p) 6 prewashed only TB bamboozles (£5) & 2 brand new size2 bamboo LLs (£6) if you are interested in buying any send me a PM :)

thats brill, may well be interested. Leo is really long as well 66 cms so unsure on size ones do you reckon they will fit despite his length?

ETA do the size 2 prewashed LL come with wraps too xxx

I use tots bots cottons and i love them! They work really well and fit him perfect... I use size 1 on him still and theres loads of room! I can lend you one if you want hun ( or you can buy it) i have loads. xx

thats brill, may well be interested. Leo is really long as well 66 cms so unsure on size ones do you reckon they will fit despite his length?

ETA do the size 2 prewashed LL come with wraps too xxx

I'd say at 15lb they'd def still fit. The reason G outgrew the size 1 TBs was coz of the rise but he still has room in the LLs

As for the size 2 LLs - they aren't even prewashed! I got 10 but won't use them all so I'm selling some straight on. they have the very lovely soft LL fleece liner but no wrap. I didn't bother getting LL wraps in size 2 as they are a bit rubbish for G. If you wanted both of these size 2s I could chuck in a very preloved (but functional) motherease rikki wrap.

I'd go for TB over LL, but i also use bamboo, which although it takes a while to dry is super absorbant and worth the wait!
I wouldn't use a TB wrap though, motherease airflow are much better.

I use the Tots Bots Bamboozles Stretchy at night with a Motherease wrap over the top & they are brilliant, we've never had a single leak, even after 14 hours. The TB Stretchy size 2 fits from about 9lb upwards, its like a one-size BTP with the poppers down the front to adjust the rise. I havent tried the LL so cant comment on if they're any good.The Stretchies are quite new so dont often come up 2nd hand but there's a seconds seller on ebay & apparantly they're pretty good. Or you can buy them brand new for a tenner. Oh & someone has a ME wrap on the nappy swap & sell at the moment for around a fiver.

Adam went into his size 2 bamboo LLs at about 18lb (6ish months); they are not the trimmest of nappies, and are not low-rise, but they are so reliable especially when combined with a Motherease wrap (I use Airflow but have read good things about the Rikki).

This is how they fit Adam at 18lb

I also use Tots Bots Bamboozles and Stretchies, and have to say I prefer the Stretchies. For one, like cath just said, they are practically BTP, with poppers to adjust the rise. They are also a lot more flexible and really slim fitting, while being just as absorbant as the regular Bamboozles. And the velcro tabs are bigger and seem a lot sturdier than the ones on the regular Bamboozles, which are very small and are about to fail on mine (so much so that I don't actually use them any more even there is loads of life left in the actual nappies). The velcro on the LLs is pretty good.

eta: the popper fastening regular Bamboozles are also BTP, as the rise poppers down if necessary. If I were buying my stash again I think I'd have included some of these and completed avoided the velcro TBBs. :)

and I'd definitely avoid the microfibre LLs. they're super soft and lovely but we got leaks all the time. that said, they might be better with a decent wrap, I was still using my LL wraps back then, and they wicked round the legs and the waist. I'm sure they'd work better with a Motherease. And they do dry very very quickly, they are almost dry right out of the washing machine.

thanks all of you thats brill advice. a great help :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->