Toy/present ideas for 6/7 yo boy?

xSuzx

Reaction score
Hiya,

I was hoping people could help me with some toy ideas for my 6/7 year old son? (Not lego as he has loads)

Also, can anyone recommend a good hot wheels set and/or a good car racing set?

Really struggling to choose presents for him this year and we have been through the toy catalogues and he says he likes lots of things but i know realistically a lot of the things he wants won't get played with.

Thanks so much :)

My son is just six. Things I can suggest are:
Scalectrix
A camera (my son got the KiddiZoom one and loves it)
Board games (he got a gross science set for his birthday, but others I was thinking of is junior scrabble, cluedo)
Magic set
Transformers
Anything Pokemon!!
Books

I know what you mean about things not getting played with- I have two boys and they don't do imaginative play nearly as well as my daughter who isn't even two yet. So it needs to be something that I do with them or at the very least get them started. Lego is the big hitter here too!!

Games/activities are mostly what I've got my 6.5 year old nephew. Got him a jenga type game and a kitchen science set off amazon. Also a football kit.

I'm struggling for my 6 year old this year but things on my 'possible' list include

Heeleys
Kidizoom action cam (glad to hear pp's lo was pleased with this range as I wondered if it might be too young)
Pie face sky high
Decent set of colouring pencils (we usually buy cheap ones which then aren't looked after)
Football kit
Clothes
Electric guitar
Bunchems ( I wondered if these might be too girly but I've seen boys playing with them too)
A small set of books (we've read a few flat Stanley and Dennis the menace but will probably look for something new maybe horrid Henry)

He probably won't get most of these but this is what I'm thinking for now

My 7 year old sons list looks like this at the moment:

Blue Laptop (he specified the colour!)
Five Nights at Freddy's Jumpscare game
Robo Alive Snake
Play doh Dentist Drill and Fill
Magic Tracks Super Set
Heeley's
Pokemon Guess
Nerf Rival Zeus gun (blue)
Nerf Rival blue Mask
Nerf Rival ammo
Nikko velocitrax
Magnacreator
Knex Knexosaurus Rex set
Black Fingerling
Drum set

My oldest will be almost 6 at Christmas, we're getting him a new BMX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->