Tracking cycle with trigger shot?

danni2kids

Mum of 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, i have low AMH. We have been trying to concieve #3 since June 2011, with out success. I have recently had a polyp removed which the Doctor believed was causing the trouble.

The last few cycles i have ovulated on my own but late, i have been averaging a 35 day cycle. Before jumping straight in to injectables with IUI, the Dr is tracking my natural cycle. This is where i have questions, yesterday CD 12 the scan showed i had a single follicle measuring 16mm, i am to have a blood test tomorrow if i am surging on my own FX an egg is released if the BT shows no surge i am to go in on Friday for a trigger shot i believe this is to release the egg?! Then i am to have my progesterone checked 7 days after trigger, im guessing if it is low the DR will prescribe my progesterone?

Any input would be great

Hi there

Ok, not sure about the whole tracking of the cycle bit but.... I'm low AMH too, 36, thin lining. This is cycle 2 IUI using gonal F (i.e. injections every other day from day 2) and then today (day 12) I've just had a trigger injection (called Ovitrelle in the UK), used to trigger ovulation.

One thing you could do is to do the ovulation test kits that will show when you ovulate (I have used the Clearblue digital one) to help track when I ovulate. They aren't affected by gonal F injectibles or clomid but will be affected by the trigger shot (as its picking up the same hormone that you would release naturally to ovulate).

Re the progesterone; despite mine being fine, my consultant has prescribed progesterone suppositories (called Cyclogest in the UK) which I started using 1x per day (vaginally or rectally) and last cycle increased this to 2x per day (in the hopes of thickening up the lining). If you are prescribed these they are taken c 1 day after ovulation and you would continue taking these until your next period or (I think) an 8 week scan (happy days!).

Hope this helps a bit and good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"