training pants

Marie000

Reaction score
My little girl is not quite ready to potty train yet (she's only 20 months old) but she has shown some signs of moving in that direction. I know I can't force it to happen sooner than she is ready, but I'd like to do all I can to help her get there. In all honesty, I am really tired of washing diapers! :wacko:

Are cloth training pants useful?
If so, when and how did you use them for your lo?
If I get some, they will probably be eBay cheapies because I can't afford name brand ones. Are they any good?

Most training pants are only there to catch a few drips before LO makes it to the toilet. I've only seen cheapies of this type. Very few will hold a full wee at all, even for a few seconds. If LO isn't ready, I think using pants like that would only confuse and possibly upset her. I'd continue giving her the opportunity to learn what the sensations mean - lots of nappy free time, leave a potty out, using non stay dry nappies etc but I don't think training pants would do much for a child who wasn't 99.9% there. We used them for a little reassurance when we were out and we had some that would hold a full wee for a little while (Best Bottom and Flips) for in the car, for night times when LO was dry 4/5 nights and for when LO was a bit nervous about going out even though she was day dry, but I don't think they'd have helped her learn to use the potty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->