Transitioning from Rock-N-Play to Crib...

DandJ

First time mom
Reaction score
We just transitioned our 4 month old to her crib on Monday night from the Rock N Play which she has slept for 10+ hours. To make the transition as close to the RNP as possible, I had the mattress at an incline and rolled a towel in a U-shape under the fitted sheet to mimic the snuggly feeling of the RNP. Well, first night she woke twice and last night it was constant that I lost count. She would startle herself awake and then cry when her paci fell out of her mouth.

She loves having her hands on her face, don't think swaddling would work and I think she is trying to learn to roll over but not quite there yet.

So question for you ladies:
-What are the best methods to have her sleep though the night like in her RNP and how long of using these methods? (CIO, Happy Sleeper's "Soothing Ladder", etc)

-Should I try purchasing products to help her sleep? (Magic Merlin's Sleep Suit, Zipadee, etc?)

-Should I wait until 5 months because she might be going through a 4-month sleep regression or growth spurt?

Thank you all!

Hi DandJ..I also transitioned my DD from the rock and play to a bassinet. She refused to sleep in there in the beginning but I found that it was the texture of the mattress.

My rock and play had that plush material on it so I ended up covering her mattress with the sheet with a plush blanket of hers. I started to lay her down in there during her naps and then gradually for her nights. It worked! That is where she sleeps now but it did take a few days for her to get use to it. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->