Transverse at 33 weeks. Worried about cord issues!

discohospital

Reaction score
I'm hoping somebody has some wisdom to share about transverse lying babies!

I have a C-section scheduled so I'm not terribly worried about him being in the best position for vaginal delivery. What I'm worried about is that he will tangle up or compress his cord because he is lying transverse, especially because he seems to be moving positions drastically. My belly also hurts quite a lot since he popped into this position a week ago.

I honestly don't have much information on whether my concern is legitimate as it wasn't really discussed in my pregnancy books.
I'm hesitant to Google because I always seem to find half re-assurance and half horror stories.

Any experiences anybody can share would be greatly appreciated.

My baby was transverse until 34 weeks, she went oblique breech for a few days and is now head down. I think it is still fairly usual for a baby to be transverse at this stage, so I wouldn't worry too much.

This is my third baby and she has been in much weirder and varied positons than the other two!

Even now mine goes transverse every so often for a little bit. Really awkward at this point being 39 weeks tomorrow! It always flips back to breech, but that's just my weird kid I think. Still lots of time for it to move at 33 weeks :)

My DS was transverse right up to the end - I ended up having an EMCS as I went into labour but the cord was wrapped around his neck twice and every time I had a contraction, his heart rate dropped dramatically. I was in hospital for about half an hour before they monitored me, and he was born very swiftly after that!

So in my case, him being free/transverse may have led to him getting tangled up. This time around, i'm planning a VBAC and baby seems to be head down although still free at this stage. I'm going to be monitored throughout labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->