Travel cots

Chel

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a travel cot, and I'm not sure what to look for?

I'm basically looking at price, as they have to meet certain safety standards, right?

Well... I'm tossing between two choices and I want a little guidance.

https://cracker.com.au/lower-northe...avel-cot-white-brand-new/393761007/advert.htm

and

https://www.babiesgalore.com.au/vie..._search.php?searchtype=category&categoryid=42

while the second choice seems so much less in it, I've heard of the graco brand before, whereas I've never heard of bugatti... and so, I'm really not sure how reliable it is? I do REALLY like the bugatti though but I'd hate to get something and find out its crap!

ive got the gracco and it is awesome! definately recommend it! mines a different colour to the pic and has the changing table! were just using it for the changing table and for storage space at the moment. because we have a wooden cot! we use the gracco for when we got to my mums,
we have a winnie the pooh one we use in the livingroom as a playpen, its a mothercare one and pretty much the same weight and folds the same way as the gracco.
we only paid £5 for our gracco! carboot sales rule!

Paid £100 (gbp) for mine and waste of money ...a £20 one would have done the perfect job!

it depends how much you think you'll use it if you ask me. I bought 2 Gracos. One has all the pockets etc that your first one has. It also has a changing table on top and plays music and lots of stuff. It's great as I leave it up all the time and use it at home in the living room, and the storage is ahndy. But I wouldnt need all this for traveling with.

For traveling purposes and for ease, I bought a simple Graco one like your second one, which I leave at my mums. It is sooo quick to put up and very sturdy. I cant fault it for traveling with.

My first one is a bit more complex and I dont use all the features daily. The only "extra" that I use lots is the changing table.

I got a real bargain from Olivers babycare on line. A Hauck Travel cot/play pen reduced from £50 odd down to £29.99.

I think they still have some, it was only yesterday.

Thanks heaps! I was getting a bit blinded with features, the fact is, I need it for travelling, I planning to fly to my mothers house or ther 50th b'day... so I only want a straight forward and simple cot!

Plus, I do want a mobile for it, so it can be his play pen, but I want a battery powered one, as I've seen how pointless the wind up ones can be, as you have to keep going back and winding it up!!!

I've got a koochi one. Bought it from netto when it was on offer. I got it for £19.99 :) its brilliant, got a bassinette on it and a changing mat. Really gud for value.

We bought the Graco Contour Electra for Jay and it's been fab :D He slept in the bassinette bit until he moved into his own room at 15 weeks and I found the nightlight and vibrating features such a help :D We took it to his grannies and it was so easy to take down and put up.

I've used the changing mat on his real cot in his bedroom since he was born too, which has been really handy :D

Now it lives behind one of our sofas in the lounge so I can chuck all Jay's toys in there and we'll use it as a playpen when he gets a bit bigger.

It was expensive but definately worth it for us as we'll carry on taking it away when we stay with friends / family until Jay gets too big for it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->