Travel insurance at 34 weeks?

l.e.d.

Reaction score
Does anyone in Canada know of any insurance companies that will sell travel medical insurance that will cover you up to 35 weeks? Every company I've checked with doesn't cover any complications of pregnancy, birth, or anything related to the pregnancy past 31 weeks. We were planning to go to Mexico, booked flights before I even knew I was pregnant (with cancellation insurance of course). If we can't find anything, we'll just cancel. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

From what i understand.. Even if a company will cover you.. If you actually had the baby over there, the baby isnt covered at all. So any care they receive, you are paying out of pocket. Because they can only legally insure you as the baby doesnt have citizenship, health care, a nme etc yet to insure.
I know people that have still gone but i wasnt even willing to travel to the states for a wedding five hours away at 34 weeks

Most companies will not cover you past 9 weeks before your due date so 31 weeks for out of country travel. I sell insurance and dont know anyone who would cover you

I'd cancel. There's no way I'd feel comfortable traveling that late in pregnancy, insurance or not. You'll enjoy it much more when you're not pregnant mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->