Travellers and caravans in the park

Miss_Bump

Reaction score
1 week ago about 4 travellers decided to set up residence into local park. Myself and the lady next door both emailed the council who said they would look into it.

Now there are about 20 caravans in the park and there is litter everywhere, dogs running around and pooing and not being cleaned up. Also, some of the big kids have been hanging around the toddler playground and it's very intimidating so as a result me and Evie go to a different park.

What are the laws regarding all this? What else can I do?

There are currently around 10 caravans in our local park - they've been there for 3 weeks & the council still haven't moved them on!!

Good luck though

Cx

Tbh i think councils etc are scared to get involved!

People will think i'm a bitch but their attitude really pisses me off. They seem to have no regard for anything but their own community. How dare they litter everywhere and let their dogs poo near a play ground and not clear it up??? oh well doesn't matter to them they just move along and let the council clear up their mess. Funny how they don't want anything to do with non traveller society until they need something. I don't think they got that reputation from being considerate did they.

Councils are, very, ahem, reluctant to deal with the travelling community for fear of backlash. Continue to hammer your point home, ring, email, write every day until somethings done or call the police. Usually. Once a police presence is felt, they move of their own accord.

I don't think the council can do much, they can issue them with a notice which the travellers tend to ignore. Travellers aren't afraid of police either.
It's annoying but they'll move on eventually, sorry to say but I really don't think there is much you can do x

Thanks for all who replied :)

They have gone!!! Phew

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"