Travelling abroad when 5mths pregnant?

Bentley2008

Reaction score
Hiya, We will be going to mexico (Mayan Riviera) again in december for one week, if everything goes to plan, i will be 5 months gone roughly, the place that we stay at is 5* absolutley spotless (so no issues with cleanliness) we always drink bottled water etc there.

Do you think i would be ok going? It will be a proper chilled out holiday, beaches etc etc so nothing hectic. The flight is 10 hours.

You should be fine but would have to disuss with m/w when you do fall pregnant.

I think you should be ok hunni but as mentioned above check with the mw nearer the time x

I think you'll be ok, I'm pretty sure they let you travel until you are 7 months and just recommend that you walk up and down the aisle every so often to prevent DVT and so you don't get too uncomfortable. Like the others said, best to check with your midwife. I know my mum travelled to the Dominican Republic when she was about 5 months pregnant with my little sister, she was just very hot! xx

hey there, i am gettin married in mexico in november and if things go 2 plan wiv me ill b 3-4 months and i was pretty nervous about this 2 but ive done loads or research and they all say its ok just walk around alot and drink loads of water,
quick question have u been cancun?

Most flight operators stop you flying at 28weeks, there are very few that take you up to 32 weeks. You will also need a doctors/midwife letter...

I went away at 4 1/2 months and was totally fine, i didnt look pregnant though and had spent a fortune on buying pregnancy clothes :hissy:

hey there, i am gettin married in mexico in november and if things go 2 plan wiv me ill b 3-4 months and i was pretty nervous about this 2 but ive done loads or research and they all say its ok just walk around alot and drink loads of water,
quick question have u been cancun?

Hiya, yes we have, we dont stay there though, we prefer the more chiled out scene, last time we went we got to the airport to find we were delayed for 2 days coming home, so they put us up in a dump, called aquamarina beach, got there only to find that someone had been raped at that hotel only hours earlier.

We spent a day at the isla shopping centre and went swimming with dolphis and done a cage dive with sharks at the cancun aquarium.

If you need any more info let me know x

Thanks everyone with your replies, we have had a change of heart and are going with are original holiday of florida end of sept, we will wait to TTC until we come home as i would like to enjoy one last *big* holiday together x

awww thats a nice idea :) am stay in crown paradise cancun, i cant w8 :)

awww thats a nice idea :) am stay in crown paradise cancun, i cant w8 :)

Oh you will love it there, funny that you should say that your getting married there, when we went last year we went premiar class (bargain at £99 each) and there was a group of 10 and they were staying there and getting married there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->